Support Group

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm starting this thread for those (such as myself) who have decided to wait for the full ALbum and not listen to the Premiere on Al's MySpace. If you are among these people, I have started this thread as a support group for us (led by me.) Post your feelings about not listening to it and your tempations to listen to it here, and we can all support eachother.

So far, it has only been 18 minutes, and I'm already starting to go a little bit nuts, but I'm going to have to force myself to keep this up. I told my mom and dad about the premeire and me not hearing it, and they both think I'm completely nuts for not hearing it yet, but they support me in my decision.

- Barney Slayer

[EDIT: The list of what song to listen to each day is on page two]
And Peggy
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

I'm not going quite nuts yet .. but it is awesome and amazing to see so many people on at one time! Wow! That is cool!

I have disabled avatars and signatures ... I am avoiding the spoiler forum and the World Premiere topic ... of course it doesn't help at all that my son visiting from New Mexico is downloading it as I speak on a different computer downstairs ... but I will not give in.

Just keep telling myself, "Self, think of how worth it (to you) it's going to be come 26 September!"

(cool topic, Barney ... I will probably be here a lot! ... well, at least until I give in ... which I WON'T ... but if I do .....)
PMFL!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Welcome Ak! We'll help you get through this hard time of extreme self-discipline.
And Peggy
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

It took a while to show up for me, for some reason. Even after people started commenting on it, the player's most recent song was still "You're Pitiful"... took a few minutes.
Steve's mixes, lookie!
Lousy Haircut - complete!! http://www.mediafire.com/?xyimjmdjkml
Black Gold vs Santa! http://www.mediafire.com/?zztmgltz2ym
Funbox
Occasional

Post by Funbox »

Lazenby - this topic is not for those having trouble getting the song to play (I thought this was the case at first too); it's for those struggling to hold back and not listen to anything until September 26.

Funny idea. :D
Super Sonic 5
Regular

Post by Super Sonic 5 »

Man, you guys are gonna have a hard time. This song today, the video tomorrow... Good luck!
I'll be Mellow When I'm Dead!

Tonight, I'm going to blow your minds! I mean, literally blow your minds! - Al
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

I'm going to try my best to avoid the song until the album gets released, but I have no idea how hard it will be.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

are you guys going to not listen to the radio just to be safe?
Carol
Obsessed

Post by Carol »

So this would NOT be a good place to dump a bunch of spoilers, eh? |)
Carpe Musica

I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn't understand.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

You guys have my undying respect. Seriously. I don't know how you can resist this song. It's really great and you won't be disappointed on September 26th. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

But, yeah, you guys should probably steer clear of the spoiler forum for a while if you don't want to accidentally be spoiled.

And BE WARNED: this download has brought a ton of new newbies to the forum, newbies who don't bother reading the rules and will likely post spoilers anywhere the feel like. Be very weary around here if you don't want to be spoiled.