Support Group

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

TMBJon @ June 14, 2009 03:05 pm wrote: Is there anyone on the forum planning to remain spoiler-free until the full album is released?
Anyone doing that is insane.

Just sayin'.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

If we were closer to the actual release date (like within the span of a month or two), I probably would. But the release is too far off for me to try and do that.
And Peggy
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I dont think you can remain spoiler free until the album comes out. We are looking at a couple months if not a year before the album comes out. If we have 5 songs out by the end of this summer, the forum is going to be full of "spoilers." I put it in quotes because its not like they are leaked, they are put out by Al himself. If you want to avoid spoilers, avoid the forum.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I agree, which is why I feel like any information that comes directly from Al himself should be considered fair game in the rest of the forum.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Sorry if I wasn't clear above. I didn't mean avoiding the leaks entirely, but rather avoiding spoilers about the leaks.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think you've been perfectly clear, BS. I wasn't responding to what you said, just responding to the general opinion of absolute spoiler purists. That's why I wanted to see if there was anyone here who was so spoiler-free, they didn't even want to know the name of Tuesday's song.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Big Spoon @ June 14, 2009 04:04 pm wrote: *major bump*

With the Leaks coming out this summer, I thought I'd bump this back up for those who want to remain spoiler free. Personally, I think I'm going to skip the video premiere tomorrow, and wait until Tuesday to hear the song, so I'll probably be in here as well.
I was thinking of doing that myself. That way, I'd get to HEAR the song before I see the video. You hear the song differently without the visuals to go along with it.

But then, I thought about how in the old days of MTV, we'd hear the lead single for the first time when the video premiered on MTV, usually about a week before the album. And that never hurt my appreciation for the song. In fact, it may have even enhanced it. I'm thinking most particularly of "Smells Like Nirvana." I heard and saw it for the first time when it had its World Premiere on MTV.

So, I think I'll probably watch the AOL premiere. BTW, does anyone what time it'll be premiered, or does anyone know when AOL usually premieres videos?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Big Spoon @ June 14, 2009 04:24 pm wrote: If we were closer to the actual release date (like within the span of a month or two), I probably would. But the release is too far off for me to try and do that.
This. I'd actually prefer to wait and hear each song for the first time in the context of the album (even though there really isn't an underlying connectivity on each album), but it's too far off and not worth it.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;