Worst Album?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: Worst Album?

Post by Wizzerkat »

I would go with the UHF Soundtrack. I love parts of it and downloaded those from iTunes instead of buying the whole album. The rest I don't plan on buying. Not as huge of a fan of the parodies on this one.
Is my dude a dweeb?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I love the UHF Soundtrack. It might not be my favorite album, but it's far from the worst.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The worst album is probably Alapalooza or Polka Party.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I have to argue that Alapalooza and PP! are probably my favorites behind EW and BHD. I also love the UHF soundtrack, I'd say either WAY or OTDE are my least favorite.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Alapalooza isn't awful or anything, but I think it's proof that an album a year is probably a bit too much. The originals, besides "Frank's 2000" TV" and "Traffic Jam" are pretty substandard to me; I'm a Queen fan but "Bohemian Polka" is a bit disappointing considering it's not a medley; and the fact that there are only four parodies--one of which was of a song that was 25 years old--should say something about how different the music scene was in 90s (and beyond) compared to the 80s.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Poodle Hat is definitely my least favorite album.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

I`ll go in order.

WAY - I know almost no songs on that one, save for ILRR and AORTB and Hapy Birthday... and well, the music wasn`t as good as for In 3D. My least favorite I think.
In 3D: I love almost every song on that one.
DTBS: Haven`t heard much of that one, but it`s not a bad one. Not my favorite but not bad neither.
PP!: Not bad, not bad, but not excellent. Only time an Al-bum was called Polka right away.
EW: Not as "ewwwww" as its acronym says. I like it. Some aren`t good, but many are. I like VE, Twister, GOD, Fat... well, many. I really like it.
UHFS: I know only three songs outta it, HRP, MFN/BH and UHF of course. But it sounds more of a spoken album anyway.
OTDE: I dunno why but I feel like that one is more Rock then the other albums. Not that it`s a bad thing... but still, not my all-time favorite.
Alapalooza: I know only four songs off this one, LITF, and three others. I don`t really want to look for the others. Maybe it`s the pocket.
BHD: Great! At first my thoughst weren`t positive until I stepped on EYKIW' and later on SYBG. Al`s vocals are awesome. One of my favorites.
RWS: Good. Fine. Great. But I feel Al has gone over the hedge - I mean, over the boundaries of acceptable. Isn`t JS and TDS a bit too much of a dangerous combination with these adult jokes? My opinion as always...
PH: I like that one. Sadly I feel like Al has gone under many scatological jokes, and this kinda ruins the fun of it. I suppose. But GIF, I love.
SOL: Once again, an exceletn album, I`m hooked on Pancreas, though Trapped in the Drive-Thru sounded a bit too serious... maybe its the Quebecers` very often unacceptable humor that causes this (yes but yet again, earlier I said I didn`t like songs going unacceptable... what a paradox. Life is full of them, a constant threat for robots.). Good album.
As for IL... they`re all good except Craigslist. Dunno why but that one just doesn`t finds the beat in me.

So, my all-time least favorite is WAY, the album and not the person of course.
I`m a harsh critic, I know. :think: Whatever.