UHF in Request Magazine

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

UHF in Request Magazine

Post by minnick27 »

I just got the newest issue of Request, and in the DVD review section they have a review of UHF, wherein it states "UHF has since gone on to become a cult favorite among Yankovic's core fanbase of geeks, nerds, and oddballs" Now whats up with that? I mean, I know it's true, but do they have to say it? It just seems so mean

Mike
Karen
Occasional

Re: UHF in Request Magazine

Post by Karen »

just got the newest issue of Request, and in the DVD review section they have a review of UHF, wherein it states "UHF has since gone on to become a cult favorite among Yankovic's core fanbase of geeks, nerds, and oddballs" Now whats up with that? I mean, I know it's true, but do they have to say it? It just seems so mean

Well, I don't think it's bad to be called a nerd, geek or an oddball. I guess that it's a matter of perspective though. I'm sure that the reviewer didn't mean to diss any of us. :)

Karen

*Geeky oddball* :P

:stupid:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: UHF in Request Magazine

Post by CatraDhtem »

I'm sure that the reviewer didn't mean to diss any of us.

Especially since some of us know where they live..... :sneaky:
"Lethal Luke" Bannon
Occasional

Post by "Lethal Luke" Bannon »

I'm proud to be a nerd. Al said he was a nerd too- no wait, he said he was A SUPER NERD (read Ask Al.) But unlike other fans, I'm not insane, I mean the voices in my head say I'm not... I NEED BLOOD!
I like Weird Al- he's more intelligent then me

Soap's more intelligent then you!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I don't think you should take being called a nerd, geek or oddball as an insult! Besides, we Al fans are the coolest nerds, geeks and oddballs on the planet, right? I'm proud to be a fan of Al's, and if someone wants to say I'm a nerd, I'll just say, "Thank you" and flash them a big grin! :biggrin:

Patti
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

I don't think you should take being called a nerd, geek or oddball as an insult! Besides, we Al fans are the coolest nerds, geeks and oddballs on the planet, right? I'm proud to be a fan of Al's, and if someone wants to say I'm a nerd, I'll just say, "Thank you" and flash them a big grin! :biggrin:
Patti

You can say that again! In high school, I would've taken offense at being called a nerd, but in the last two years or so, I almost take it as a compliment! Because... Gee, I'm a Nerd! :D

Bob
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

no, i wasnt taking insult at it after all i did say that it was true

Mike