Anyone get UHF yet?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Post by THIS SPACE FOR RENT »

QUOTE I opened mine to watch it & the disk is blank. It plays & everything but usually there is something on it.

Also, there is a place for a booklet but mine had nothing. Did you all get a booklet with your copy? Thanks,

Scott

The Reason the disc is blank is because it is a 2 sided disc, one side is widescreen and the other is standard. I really would have enjoyed it more if they had put it on 2 discs, that would have been cooler.

I did not get a booklet with mine either, and I am assuming there is now booklet. But if there was and I didn't get one, I will get very angry :angry:

On another note, i did have some trouble watching some of the special features with my computer, I nearly had a heart attack when that happened, I thought I had a defective disc, as a window popped up saying the disc was dirty or defective, I then tried it on my DVD player and it worked without a hitch. I just want to know if anyone else is having a similar problem?
I got the message, man. I played "Eat It" backwards, and someday, were all gonna Eat It!
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Do I have my copy of UHF yet?

Why, of course! :D It's my favorite DVD!

I actually got mine a few days before the official release date. FYE doesn't care about such things as official release dates, I gather...

Smegabyte

:stupid:
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

QUOTE On another note, i did have some trouble watching some of the special features with my computer, I nearly had a heart attack when that happened, I thought I had a defective disc, as a window popped up saying the disc was dirty or defective, I then tried it on my DVD player and it worked without a hitch. I just want to know if anyone else is having a similar problem?

When I first watched the disc, I did so on a DVD player. I watched the commentary widescreen version and everything was fine up to the Rambo sequence, when things got so bad I couldn't see or hear anything. Turns out there was some dirt on the DVD and when I cleaned it and placed it in my computer DVD drive, it worked fine, and has ever since. Try cleaning the disc, but gently.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scotman
Occasional

anyone see the copy of UHF at Alcon

Post by scotman »

There was stuff in it that I don't see in the one I got from Amazon.com.

I think that one was a "special" one.

The one at Alcon actually had Al getting up & pointing at something in the movie.

I was wondering if that was the only one or if some of the ones they sent out might have that in it...It seems unlikely though.
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

QUOTE The one at Alcon actually had Al getting up & pointing at something in the movie.  
I was wondering if that was the only one or if some of the ones they sent out might have that in it...It seems unlikely though.

I know mine has Al getting up a few times...once to get Jay a donut, and once screaming "NO DON'T GO IN THERE AAAAAAAAAH!" or something to that effect. I haven't watched it with the commentary in almost a week now! :nervous:

Smegabyte :stupid:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: anyone see the copy of UHF at Alcon

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE There was stuff in it that I don't see in the one I got from Amazon.com.

I think that one was a \"special\" one.  
The one at Alcon actually had Al getting up & pointing  at something in the movie.

Do you have an older player? I ask because some older models have trouble with newer discs, usually with the layering and odd features.

For example, mine still has a kickstand and a lawn mower cord, and I cannot see the visuals, either.

But don't worry. Your disc should be fine.
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

It has arrived :D

and it played without any problems on my computer (running Linux BTW).

It is so cool. :onfire:

*watching it again*