Remastered Albums

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

How about the sound quality of Al's self-titled album? I think a remastered re-release would be nice.
taste is only something if it is yours.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

All of the 80s albums (at least) need to be remastered with bonus tracks and most importantly, extensive liner notes.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
drnick954
Off The Deep End

Post by drnick954 »

I agree, but the bonus tracks should be pardoys of 80s or older songs.
The Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting! WHOOOOHOOO!!!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I was thinking rarities, remixes, demos, Dr. D. stuff, etc. Maybe even re-recordings of songs from the album. But I don't think he should do any new parodies as bonus tracks. He should save those for the next ALbum.
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

You know what I've noticed? When I put in albums 1-6, they sound a lot softer and lower quality then the rest. All except for EW are Way Moby/Volcano reissues. That disappoints me. I'd really like to see them reissued with better sound quality, and of course, complete liner notes.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
drnick954
Off The Deep End

Post by drnick954 »

I was thinking rarities, remixes, demos, Dr. D. stuff, etc. Maybe even re-recordings of songs from the album. But I don't think he should do any new parodies as bonus tracks. He should save those for the next ALbum.

as long as most of them are newer songs. (he only puts like 1 or 2 parodies of old songs on an album these days)
The Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting! WHOOOOHOOO!!!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I thought this would be a good topic on its own.

Al's 25th anniversary in the biz has passed, so it's too late to reissue his albums for that. But the 25th anniversary of the debut ALbum is only four years away. Technology has improved in the 21 years since the debut ALbum was released, and even in the 16 years since Even Worse was released. It would make sense for them to reissue all of the ALbums, but the 80s ones need remastering the most.

How should they go about doing these? I say reissue them one at a time every other month, in a year with no new ALbum. That way, we'd get the 80s albums with improved sound and hopefully some bonuses all in one year.
weirdstef
Addicted

Post by weirdstef »

Wow that would be cool if he remastered all the 80's albums and I also like the idea of full liners with a few bonus tracks of rarities. The rarities would be real cool I would probably buy the album just for that.

Trixie
Weirdstef
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I know that I am one of only a few people around anymore that prefer the old quality. If I can get something on vinyl, I will, and I will enjoy it more than the same album on cd. It just has character. Music nowadays is produced in a sterile environment, and it sounds that way. I want to hear the artist flip the page in his lyrics, I want to hear the engineer cough. Ok its a little extreme, but music is too crisp now, thats why live is always better, they mess up, or whatnot, thats what you used to get on an album. But I would buy the remastered albums for bonus tracks.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

I think having remastered ALbums with liner notes would be great. What would make it even better (though I highly doubt it would happen) would be to have "It's Still Billy Joel To Me" as a bonus track.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;