Remastered Albums

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Ryan explained it very well, but just to add, the Color picture on the CD was discontinued by Scotti Bros. after the first 500,000 copies. I believe they did it to save money. Anyway, you'll probably only find a copy of the color one if you buy it used.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
SlightyUnusualAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by SlightyUnusualAl »

Seriously? NICE! I got a color album of it. Which would mean i got one of the first .....oh, 500,000 ones! Cool. I feel special....
polkamyeyesout
Occasional

Post by polkamyeyesout »

Interesting, Thanx For The Info!

Matt-Polkamyeyesout

:peace:
This is America. If you don't like Spaghetti and Meatballs, then you can just get the hell out!
Leonard Cohen
Occasional

Post by Leonard Cohen »

How come all the booklets of Weird Al's 80s CDs are only two-fold and have empty white pages on the inside? No lyrics or album credits are included on any of them. But for the cassette tapes, the lyrics and credits are included on the booklets. Did this have anything to do with Scotti Brothers changing to WAY MOBY. As for Weird Al's 90s albums, the CD booklets include the lyrics and the credits and they have multiple pages. Are Weird Al's 80s albums ever going to be re-released on CD with the lyrics and credits included in the booklets?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Leonard Cohen @ Sep 18 2004, 05:50 AM wrote: How come all the booklets of Weird Al's 80s CDs are only two-fold and have empty white pages on the inside?
To save money on printing costs I suppose.

Did this have anything to do with Scotti Brothers changing to WAY MOBY.

No, it had to do with Scotti Bros. changing their distributor from CBS Records to BMG. At that point, they decided to go with the two-fold approach, cutting out all of the lyrics and other artwork. When Scotti Bros. switched distributors again to Warner/Elektra/Atlantic they kept the two-fold inserts. Volcano/Way Moby, distributed by BMG again, carried that forward too.

Are Weird Al's 80s albums ever going to be re-released on CD with the lyrics and credits included in the booklets?

I highly doubt it, unless they decide to repackage it and offer it as part of a special anniversary type of promotion, but I don't think that Al's back catalog sells that well for them to even consider something like that.

Anyway, if you can find one on eBay or a used CD store that was distributed by CBS Records, you too can own the CD booklets as they were meant to be.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Elvis @ Sep 18 2004, 09:19 AM wrote: I highly doubt it, unless they decide to repackage it and offer it as part of a special anniversary type of promotion, but I don't think that Al's back catalog sells that well for them to even consider something like that.
Actually, a lot of cult favorites (the Specials, Television) are remastering some of their albums. Once Al's contract with Volcano is up, he should sign with Rhino and produce ultimate editions of some of his albums.

Merging with the Remastered Albums topic...
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nobody-Chan
Occasional

Post by Nobody-Chan »

i gots a question, What is Weird als oldest album?

to partially stay on topic, it would be cool if they remastered the self titled one.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Oldest album would be... the self-titled one.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nobody-Chan
Occasional

Post by Nobody-Chan »

What about peter and the wolf? Was that just so good of an album it ran out of print?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Nobody-Chan @ Sep 20 2004, 08:51 PM wrote: What about peter and the wolf? Was that just so good of an album it ran out of print?
Well, "Peter and the Wolf" is a strange animal, no pun intended. CBS released it, as opposed to Scotti Bros., so it should now be under the ownership of Sony Music. For some reason despite Al's success of late, they have chosen not to reissue it.

But there's also the Wendy Carlos factor. Her current label, East Side Digital, originally claimed ownership of the album and looked into the possibility of reissuing it. They eventually said there was a legal issue preventing them from doing so.

So who knows if we'll ever see this released again.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;