Remastered Albums

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

The Who recently released "Deluxe Editions" of most of their classic albums, with remastered original songs, bonus tracks which were mostly demos, outtakes, or live tracks, (which turned single CDs into double-CD packages, but well worth the $)and most also have color booklets with photos, interviews, and extended liner notes! :D

Anth is on the right track...this should be done with all of Al's CDs.I'd like to see bonus tracks including "Nobody Here But Us Frogs," "Leisure Suit Serenade," the Japanese-language version of "Jurassic Park," studio outtakes and live recordings from his first few tours (if they exist), and brief interviews with Al, and with Dr. D. and maybe others talking *about* Al.

But I still want the AL-TVs on DVD more than anything.

Praise AL!!

--Karen
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

(Thanks for saving my life, AL!)
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

kaztaylor @ Sep 30 2004, 05:19 AM wrote: Anth is on the right track...this should be done with all of Al's CDs.I'd like to see bonus tracks including "Nobody Here But Us Frogs," "Leisure Suit Serenade," the Japanese-language version of "Jurassic Park," studio outtakes and live recordings from his first few tours (if they exist), and brief interviews with Al, and with Dr. D. and maybe others talking *about* Al.
I like this idea. I wonder, if this would be done, would an expanded/deluxe OTDE have comments made by Kurt Cobain about SLN? I hope so!

As for bonus tracks, I can think of one unreleased parody which I hope finds its way onto a remastered and/or deluxe ALbum........
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

Genius in Maine @ Sep 30 2004, 05:26 AM wrote: As for bonus tracks, I can think of one unreleased parody which I hope finds its way onto a remastered and/or deluxe ALbum........

Okay, GiM, spill it. Which one are you talking about?

--Karen
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

ISBJTM.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

Genius in Maine @ Oct 1 2004, 01:46 PM wrote: ISBJTM.

Decode, please?
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

It's Still Billy Joel To Me.
PMFL!
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

Akrovak @ Oct 1 2004, 10:50 PM wrote: It's Still Billy Joel To Me.
Oh, yeah. It's a pretty good parody, but I think it's unnecessarily harsh. I don't personally think all of Billy Joel's songs sound the same. And Al grousing about how when your records sell triple platinum, "you don't worry 'bout your next meal" would sound kind of stupid now that Al sells many millions of albums himself (to the WOWAY alone!)

Also, as someone noted in this forum before, since Billy Joel was kind enough to approve OTASH, it would be rude of Al to trash him now. And viciousness is so not Al. (Yeah, he wrote it, but he was young and inexperienced then -- he'd never write a whole song trashing another artist now, not even ones who deserve it.)

Praise AL!!

--Karen
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

Conor
Occasional

Post by Conor »

if they remaster peter and the wolf(I DOUBT IT) that would be a really highly sold cd.
Gravy
Do I Have Somthing In My Teeth
Hungry Fella. There Ya Go!
Smokin!
Somebody Stop Me!
P-a-r-t- Y? Because I Gotta!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

From the Toledo Free Press article:

“The Sony BMG people are a lot less anxious than my previous record label. I was sort of a big fish in a small pond at Scotti Bros.,” he said. “They were great people, but it was like, if I didn't put out an album, they wouldn't be able to balance their books by the end of the year. So they were kind of like, ‘We need an album by October or we're going to put out a collection of the songs you did beginning with the letter ‘R.' ”

As great as The R Album would've been, it could have been a good opportunity to have remastered albums. :( I appreciate (and we know that Al certainly does too) that Volcano isn't hammering out cheesy compilations left and right but you have to admit, having an annual Al release would be pretty cool.

*Still hopes Al signs with Rhino when the Volcano deal is up*
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Does Rhino Records force their artists to release an album every single year?