The Compleat Al

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Accordion to the readme file Well, Well, Well found, 'There's No Going Home' was done for the Disney Channel, so they would have the rights to it
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I assume the "secret" file has been talked about here before, no? Anyway, yeah, I did some searching and found nothing having to do with 'Coming Home,' Al and VH1...so I can only assume the Coming Home special Radiogal1 is talking about is the same as the Disney Channel's There's No Going Home. But the secret video is only 15 minutes long, so I don't know how one could obtain the whole hour-long episode.
taste is only something if it is yours.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Maybe everyone's thinking of VH1's "Weird Al Video Collection" that aired in September 1999 or so?
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Was that the one where they showed clips from a concert in Red Bank, New Jersey, interspersed with Al on the street, or in his hotel room?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

algonacchick @ Nov 21 2006, 12:06 AM wrote: Was that the one where they showed clips from a concert in Red Bank, New Jersey, interspersed with Al on the street, or in his hotel room?
'Twas.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

So, how about that Compleat Al thing we were discussing? I liked when they showed all the pics with Al and his lady friends, and they all covered their faces. I wouldn't have, but that's just me. It was funny, though.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Danicrzy
Regular

Post by Danicrzy »

Last edited by Danicrzy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan Since Discovery in 2003
I was born to experience Weird Al.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

That's from Al-TV...anyway, I would hope the Compleat Al could not be wrapped up in nine minutes, 36 seconds. :P
taste is only something if it is yours.
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

CatraDhtem @ Nov 21 2006, 05:54 AM wrote: Maybe everyone's thinking of VH1's "Weird Al Video Collection" that aired in September 1999 or so?
Not for me anyway. The special I watched on VH1 was called, "Weird Al, Coming Home" and it was an hour long special. It was definitely NOT the video collection special. Maybe this is the same video as the Disney Channel's There's No Going Home. I don't know, since I've never seen the Disney Channel special.

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

There's No Going Home originally aired in 1996. It followed Al in his travels on tour. He was seen most of the time in a limo, talking about experiences on the road, with some other stuff thrown in for fun. There were also concert clips. His parents and Ed McMahon were featured, as well as whoever played his "grandpa", Blind Lemon Yankovic. Sounds like if what you saw was shown after RWS came out, it was something different.

Wait, did the special you saw have a midget playing Al's "son", who had to hear "Inna Gadda Da Vida" in order to go to sleep?

So awesome!

Al Team #325