The Compleat Al

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

Come to think of it, I think my Dad has a book called The Compleat David Bowie or something.
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

I'm not that excited over the idea of seeing The Compleat Al released on DVD for the same reasons already mentioned earlier in this thread.

However, if VH1 decided to release Al's Behind The Music with his Coming home special, I certainly wouldn't object to buying the DVD. :F

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Seeing as the Behind The Music special is owned by Viacom (CBS) and There's No Going Home is owned by Disney (ABC) I think it is unlikely that the two would be released on one DVD.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

crazymelon @ Nov 18 2006, 02:14 PM wrote: Come to think of it, I think my Dad has a book called The Compleat David Bowie or something.
That makes sense. David Bowie's song "Young American" borrowed the line "I read the news today, oh boy" from "A Day in the Life". So if David Bowie took it 'cause he likes the Beatles, then Al must of used it because he likes parodies!
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

TMBJon @ Nov 18 2006, 09:55 PM wrote: Seeing as the Behind The Music special is owned by Viacom (CBS) and There's No Going Home is owned by Disney (ABC) I think it is unlikely that the two would be released on one DVD.
I wasn't talking about the Disney special. I was talking about Al's Coming Home special which aired on VH-1; not on the Disney channel.

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hmm, I don't recall a Coming Home special on VH-1. When did it air?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

It aired shortly after RWS was released.

Linda
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I remember reading there's some sort of enchaned function on the RWS disc that, if you can open, plays the Coming Home Special.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Yep, just found it. If you put the RWS disc in and select "open files" there's a secret file folder, with the movie and a readme. It says:

Code: Select all

Congratulations!  You found the secret file.  
The enclosed QuickTime movie is comprised of several scenes from 
"There's No Going Home," the hour-long special that Al did for 
the Disney Channel back in 1996.

I'm watching it right now....
taste is only something if it is yours.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Radiogal1 @ Nov 20 2006, 03:40 PM wrote: I wasn't talking about the Disney special. I was talking about Al's Coming Home special which aired on VH-1; not on the Disney channel.

Linda
The only VH-1 special I recall after RWS was WAY Live. I don't remember a "Coming Home" special. It sounds too similar to the Disney Channel special.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.