Worst Song On Each Album?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

You gotta keep em' seperated
Die-hard Fan

Post by You gotta keep em' seperated »

it seemed so short and well "unfinished" it was a very funny song, but to me he should have saved the joke for a different song.
I saw a face.
did it have a nose?
yes.
That DOES sound like a face!
ringo

Post by ringo »

weird al I: i love the whole album

3-D: i love the whole album

dare to be stupid: girls just want to have lunch. sounds like it was recorded at gunpoint.

polka party: if i have to pick one it's addicted to spuds. another one that the label must have pressured him to do.

even worse: twister. not because i dislike rap (specifically the beastie boys, who i guess he was gunning for), just because it was underwhelming.

UHF: isle thing. the album with one of my fave beloved songs from my childhood (ball of twine) also contained one of the worst weird al songs ever. sorry if you disagree. and again, i have a feeling the label pressured him to parody a contemporary hit, even though he wasn't feeling the mojo.

off the deep end: taco grande. how much do i have to talk about label pressure before i swallow my own face?

allapalooza: achy breaky song. i'll spare you the rhetoric. just weak. and i'm sure he knows it.

bad hair day: here's where i might make some enemies. i hate amish paradise. it just does nothing for me. this was around when i went on hiatus from listening to al for a few years (yes, heresy, i know it; don't bother yelling at me haha)

running with scissors: pretty fly for a rabbi. again, i'm probably inviting a barrage of cyber-garbage being thrown my way. i just don't like the original song and i could give a crap about the al version. as with amish paradise, when i saw the man in concert a couple summers ago (twice, of course), i was disappointed that the set was so laden with these latter-day parodies, costumes be damned. i'd rather hear "gotta boogie" twice in a row than this one (and yeah, i love that song)

poodle hat: ode to a superhero. a totally forgettable song aimed at kids amidst a brilliant record. i suppose it might have brought in a small legion of young fans due to it's spiderman theme, but it didn't make it onto my ipod. and in those terms, it's nowhere near as good as Eat It. or about three dozen of his other parodies. put it in the "girls just wanna have lunch" category.

straight outta lynwood: i'm sorry, i just love this album. even the green day parody (probably the weaker song on the album, but still funny and very well done).

thanks for letting me air my grievances!!!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Uh?

I'm confused. I thought this thread was for posting your least favourite tracks off the albums, not to look at other peoples choices and say "no way"
I posted all my least favourite tracks, but that doesnt mean I hate those songs (except Fat- and even then I think the video is great and its fun live)

TBH theres really nothing Al has done that I actually 100% hate.

However I was under the impression that the point of this thread was not to say how much you love whatever track or album.. rather the opposite
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
jkm555
Occasional

Post by jkm555 »

weird Al I: None like them all.

3-D: None like them all.

Dare To Be Stupid: None like them all; especially Girls Just Want To Have Lunch. :D

Polka Party: Toothless people I really haven't listen to it enough.

Even Worse: I Think I'm A Clone I really haven't listen to it enough.

UHF: None like them all.

Off The Deep End: None like them all.

Alapalooza: She Never Told Me She Was a Mime I really haven't listen to it enough.

Bad Hair Day: None like them all.

Running With Scissors: None like them all.

Poodle Hat: None like them all.

Straight Out Of Lynwood: None like them all.
Tokusou Sentai Blessranger
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tokusou Sentai Blessranger »

WAY: Buckingham Blues
In 3D: none
DTBS: Girls Just Want to Have Lunch
PP!: Here's Johnny
EW: Alimony
UHF: none
OTDE: Airline Amy
Alapalooza: Achy Breaky Song
BHD: Cavity Search and Syndicated Inc.
RWS: Your Horoscope for Today
PH: Party at the Leper Colony
SOL: Polkarama!
Dare To Be Stupid Part Two is coming!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Worst Song On Each Album

"Weird Al" Yankovic - "The Check's In The Mail", although "Gotta Boogie" is close
In 3-D - "That Boy Could Dance" by FAR
DTBS - "Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch" although I also think Slime Creatures and Cable TV are awful
Polka Party - "Don't Wear Those Shoes" is so much worse than anything else on this album. Toothless People, btw, is underrated imo.
Even Worse - "Alimony". Used to think it was Velvet Elvis until I got older and understood the Police references.
UHF - I'd actually say "UHF" is the worst song on this otherwise solid album.
Peter & the Wolf - "Iguana" I just thought the rhyme was dumb/cheap.
Off The Deep End - "The White Stuff" although "The Plumbing Song" and "I Was Only Kidding" are both close.
Alapalooza - "Waffle King" although "Mime" is pretty close and I'm not a very big fan of "Talk Soup" or "Traffic Jam either".
Bad Hair Day - "Syndicated Inc" is obviously the worst song on this album.
RWS - "Truck Drivin Song" is horrendous.
Poodle Hat - "Party At The Leper Colony" is probably the weakest song on here, but in terms of likelihood to skip I'd have to go with WBUL because it's so long for no reason.
SOL - "Do I Creep You Out" is the worst song because it seems so unfinished and rushed. WSD is probably actually worse but it's supposed to be that way.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

Nooo! Not 'Truck driving song' it is so absurd it's hilarious!! IMO :P
Imagine some big tough truckie worried about his nails etc ..... I think of it every time I pull up next to a truck and smile, wondering if just maybe.....

Sorry to comment but it's a fav.

Don't really have many songs I dislike (only Six Words Long)- but if I was being honest to the ones I skip I would have to say-

WAY: Buckingham Blues

In 3D: None

DTBS: George of the Jungle

PP: Here's Johnny

EW: This Song is Just Six Words Long, Stuck in a Closet With Vanna White & Velvet Elvis (this makes up for the ALbums I can't find a weak one)

UHF: She Drives Like Crazy

OTDE: None

Alapalooza: She Never Told Me She Was A Mime

BHD: Phony Calls

RWS: None

PH: Why Does This Always Happen to me - just too mean spirited for Al

SOL: Don't Download this Song
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

Now keep in mind, there are actually very few Weird Al songs that I actually don't listen to. Surprisingly, (Don't want to spoil anything accidentally) but a recent original song is definitely my least favorite Weird Al song of all time. Gotta Boogie, Toothless People, and Buy Me a Condo are the only other songs I can say are not listened to immensely by me.

Weird Al Yankovic: Gotta Boogie (2nd least favorite Al song)

In 3-D: Buy Me a Condo

Dare To Be Stupid: I Want A New Duck (George of the Jungle isn't his)

Polka Party: Toothless People

Even Worse: Velvet Elvis (although now that I'm older, it's switching to Good Old
Days for some reason)

UHF: Tie between Beverly Hillbillies or Generic Blues

Off The Deep End: Smells Like Nirvana (Wow... what a great album when THAT's the worst)

Alapalooza: Jurassic Park (It's just boring)

Bad Hair Day: The Alternative Polka (Every song is awesome)

Running With Scissors: Truck Driving Song (Although I sing it a lot)

Poodle Hat: Bob (The joke is funny, but as a song, 30 seconds would suffice)

Straight Outta Lynwood: Pancreas (I guess... The beginning is a little slow moving, but it does become a great song as it continues)
AHHHHH! Neon Noodle!!!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I love that your first post is in a negative-based thread. But "Pancreas"...is awesome.
taste is only something if it is yours.
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

I was looking for a favorite song thread, but am not finding one. :)
AHHHHH! Neon Noodle!!!