Best Song On Each Album

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Best Song On Each Album

Post by Yankomaniac »

Probably wouldn't be too much more, may come to 15 bucks each with shipping, that's a great deal for ALbums!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

drewdy9999 wrote:
Big Spoon wrote:I'm guessing The Brain Song refers to the song used in Al's Brain, the 3D movie Al did for the OC Fair a ways back.
Yup, this one here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTHUUPmRS4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure if Al wrote it or someone else did, but it sounds really, really good.
I didn't know a video of that existed!! :oo The memorieeeesss

Al probably definitely wrote that song, yeah. :Y
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Mo33
Occasional

Post by Mo33 »

drewdy9999 wrote:
Big Spoon wrote:I'm guessing The Brain Song refers to the song used in Al's Brain, the 3D movie Al did for the OC Fair a ways back.
Yup, this one here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTHUUPmRS4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure if Al wrote it or someone else did, but it sounds really, really good.
Oh god, this song is so cool!! :whoot:
"The potatoes do not agree."
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah I like it. Should have put that on Alpocalypse! I like the guitar riffing there, sounds like Jim, I'm guessing the band did this with him, unless he used guest musicians. Doubtful. Sounds like them.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I've actually checked it out and with how cheap the albums are at the moment, even with the shipping, to order all 9 remaining albums from the US would cost me about the same as ordering 4-5 of them from closer to home...

So I may be able to give a more complete list on this sometime relatively soon. If the mail service can manage not to lose them... :lol:
Love and peace.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Until then, youtube works, but once you get the ALbums, the sound is much better.
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

I did it! :oo

Big box of 9 CDs should be arriving here sometime next month... I must be crazy. :tacky:
Love and peace.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Niiice. Not really, they will pay for themselves in the end! I know mine do, as they all still get played quite often. I ordered the final 6 or so I needed at once about 5 or 6 years ago and the wait almost killed me, I was so excited to complete the collection and I checked the mail anxiously everyday. Felt so good to get them finally, all together, with the Scissors Live DVD too. I would say pretend you didn't order them and go about your normal activities or the wait will drive you mad, and then you get worried, but when you get them you'll be proudly and happily occupied for months to come. Receiving Off The Deep End, UHF, Running With Scissors, Polka Party!, Even Worse and the first live DVD at once was like Christmas x27!!! Even though I had previously worn out and lost my previous copies of Polka Party!, Running With Scissors, was nice to have them once again, just didn't feel right without them.

Prior to that I had to also rebuy Bad Hair Day and Alapalooza which were lost in a move like a decade before that, but I got those two used at a CD store for like 5 bucks each, mint condish. Typically I HATE used items. 8)
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

WAY: Another One Rides The Bus
WAYI3D: I Lost On Jeopardy
DTBS: Like A Surgeon
PP: Dog Eat Dog
EW: You Make Me
UHF: The Biggest Ball Of Twine In mineseotta
OTDE: Smells Like Nirvana
Alapazooza: Bedrock Anthem
BHD: Amish Paradise
RWS: It's All About The Pentiums
PH: Wanna B Ur Lovr
SOL: Canadian Idiot
Alpocalypse: Party In The C.I.A
MF: Tacky
Last edited by YankoSwag 8888 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

I never did post a full list here did I? :lol: Well let me take this opportunity to do so then. To be honest my favorites do change every so often so this is just the current list:

"Weird Al" Yankovic - I'll be mellow when I'm dead
In 3D - Eat It
Dare To Be Stupid - Dare To Be Stupid
Polka Party! - One of those days
Even Worse - You Make Me and Melanie constantly vying for the top spot
UHF - UHF
Off The Deep End - Airline Amy
Alapalooza - Frank's 2000 inch tv
Bad Hair Day - Everything you know is wrong
Running With Scissors - I said Albuquerque before but currently I'm all about My Baby's in love with Eddie Vedder
Poodle Hat - this will never not be Hardware Store though. Probably.
Straight Outta Lynwood - still White & Nerdy and still with Weasel Stomping Day hot on its heels
Alpocalypse - changed since last time, currently Ringtone
Mandatory Fun - I'm always gonna have to say Tacky because it was my true introduction to Weird Al, but Foil is taking second spot at the moment.
Love and peace.