Worst Weird Al Song

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

27central

Post by 27central »

I never met an Al song I hated but there are some I tend to skip over when I'm playing his cd's.

Buckingham Blues

Eat it (the song got old hearing it a million times!)

Buy me a Condo

Yoda (the song drives me nuts!, Ive heared it ten ga-zillion times!)

Cable TV

Good enough for now

Fat

Velvet Elvis (the song kinda creeps me out!)

Airline Amy

The Plumming song

Achy Breaky Song

Phony Calls

My baby's in love with Eddie Vedder

It's all about the pentiums (heared it over and over and over!)

...and I know this sounds dumb but THE ACCORDION BURNING SONG from the compleat al!, I know it really isent a song but everytime i hear it I feel like scraping my eye out with an ice pick!

Dont hate me for all those songs. Some of my faverites are my bologna anotherone rides the bus, nobody here but us frogs (unreleased eary song, sorry just have to list, caus i just love it!), like a surgeon, stuck in the closet with vanna white, biggest ball of twine in minnesota, and a few others./
skippythefrog

Post by skippythefrog »

pretty fly for a rabbi is pretty bad for a weird al parody. the only parody in which the original was funnier!

CAGZ is a gem. almost a style parody in that it sounds like a million different xmas tunes but isn't any in particular.
weird al ate my cat!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Not necessarily his worst song, but certainly my least favorite is "The Weird Al Show Theme" but then I never saw his show, so maybe that colors how you hear it?
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

I think that alot of people don't like C@GZ is because they don't understand a good joke when they hear one. They think the whole idea of a Nuclear War at Christmas is offensive

Listen, It's not what the joke is about it's the way you construct it that makes it good or bad. It's what the exageration is. And by the way I think the whole concept of a nuclear war on christmas is hillarious!

But my least favorite song I guess is Toothless People
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

its not that we dont understand the joke, its just a poor song. it could have been done a lot better
JKaudio
Occasional

These are a few of my least favorite things

Post by JKaudio »

Wow, it really amazes me that more ppl don't like C@GZ! That song is so sarcastic and full of light hearted black humor! OK here's the ones I usually skip:

Stuck in a closet w/Vanna White

Don't wear those shoes (though I love the music in it!)

Young, Dumb and Ugly

She never told me she was a mime

I have a CD with all Al's songs in MP3 format and I usually just hit random and let it ride! Woohoo!
-Jeremy
JKaudio
Occasional

Post by JKaudio »

oh yeah, I also skip over Airline Amy
-Jeremy
WeirdAlFanatic27
Addicted

Post by WeirdAlFanatic27 »

well, now i have gotten to like Mr Popiel!!!

~~**~~Princess Yankovic~~**~~
He became Francine back in 76' and then he joined that cult. I think his name is Mother Shibubu now.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE That song is so sarcastic and full of light hearted black humor!

I believe that is an oxymoron!

I find that if I actually listen to the songs I didn't think I liked they are better than I had originally thought. Also, listening with headphones improves some songs just because you don't catch everything in the background. An example is Jurasssic Park. Didn't care for the movies, and the song isn't a favorite WAY song, but it's actually not a bad song. I guess it's growing on me.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I agree that you catch so much more when you listen on headphones you catch many little things. I cant tell you how many times Ive listened to a cd a million times, and then heard it through headphones, I gain a whole new respect for the artist.

Mike