Style Parody Wishes

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Style Parody Wishes

Post by TMBJon »

In this thread lets discuss what genre or artist we would like to see a style parody of.

I want to see Bloodhound Gang, pop-punk, and Dashboard Confessional.

-jon
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I'd love to see a Rap style parody.

And an O Brother Where Art Thou style parody.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The thing about a rap style parody is that for Al, I think it's a lot easier to do specific parodies of rap songs. Plus its kinda hard to do a rap style parody, that would be like doing a "rock style parody". There's a lot of different types, which is why I think he hasn't done one.

O Brother would be something else!

-jon
KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

Raymond Scott! Can he do that? Anyways....it's old stuff, but some of the greatest!

FYI, Raymond Scott was the mastermind of most of the famous "Cartoon" music you hear in Wanrer Brothers' cartoons.

It'd be kinda hard to do, though, since they don't have lyrics....he COULD do Raymond Scott's ELECTRONIC music as a style parody...that would be interesting.
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Well one way he could do a rap style parody is be like a lot of rappers and use a sample from some 80s song as the basis. I too would like to see Al do a pop-punk song and maybe a Creed/Nicklback style rock song.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Well I've been an Elton John fan for 30 years, so Elton John. I must say though that an official Billy Joel parody and a Ben Folds style parody both come very close.

A Bruce Springsteen or Dave Matthews style parody would also be wonderful.

El
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE Plus its kinda hard to do a rap style parody, that would be like doing a \"rock style parody\". There's a lot of different types

What do I know? Al is the only rap I listen to. So, ok... he could pick a rap artist. Oh, say Eminem... and do an original. I guess what I am hoping for is to have Al's writing skills shine. As it is, CP is still attached to Em's rhymes, and the music. I'd like to see it be all Al. And if he ever does do something like that, I'd like to see it get a video like DTBS did.

OT... DTBS is such an amazing style parody, perhaps the best of Al's career. I was surprised to learn that it wasn't a parody of any particular Devo song, because it matched the style of Devo so well, I was sure I'd heard the original Devo version before, but I could never pin down which song it was. From what I gather from the Zappa fans, the same could be said of GiF.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Queen, because they're awesome, and that way they would be the first band to have the ultimate honor.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Katoot
Occasional

Post by Katoot »

For rap, I would love to see a Busta Rhymes style parody.

For rock (I'm being very general here), maybe Tom Waits, Metallica, or White/Rob Zombie.
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

Lemme see...

Tom Jones or cheesy lounge act music

White Stripes

Ragtime turn-of-the-century music

Rockapella, yeah I know he did Since You've Been Gone, but I mean more like Rockapella

Guns N Roses "Hair Band" style

Gilbert and Sullivan (of course Hardware Store is alot like that anyway)

Cake, would make a good "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" parody video

Alright, I went through of my Mp3s and those are the only ones that seemed do-able

I realized that 3/4 of my Mp3s aren't even by famous artists or are not even copyrighted.