VH1 Top 100 list

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Captain Wacky
Occasional

VH1 Top 100 list

Post by Captain Wacky »

I just read an article on the top 100 songs from the past 25 years. It was no surprise that many of them were parodied by our boy Al! Nirvana, Micheal Jackson, Madonna, Eminem.

Just another reason Weird Al Polkas!!!!!

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do? ... ID=1343904
Alison
Occasional

VH1- The 100 Greatest Songs From The Past 25 Years & Al

Post by Alison »

Captain Wacky wrote:

just read an article on the top 100 songs from the past 25 years. It was no surprise that many of them were parodied by our boy Al! Nirvana, Micheal Jackson, Madonna, Eminem.

Just another reason Weird Al Polkas!!!!!

Yeah- I just posted about this " VH1- The 100 Greatest Songs From The Past 25 Years & Al" under the "Parodies and their Originals" thread.

I was going to add a new topic, but I was not sure I should. I hate always second guessing myself.

Anyway...............WAY to go Al !

~Ali
Captain Wacky
Occasional

Post by Captain Wacky »

I really should read more before I post. OE started a simillar thread under General Chat. There are just always soooo many new posts when I sign in, it's hard to keep up! Oh well it's not like my preschoolers need DIRECT supervision!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I really should read more before I post. OE started a simillar thread under General Chat.

Actually OE's topic is about "Al's knack for accurately discerning the spirit of the times," and she only cites the VH1 as an example, among other things. This topic is specifically about VH1's list.

Now I ask, doesn't VH1 do a list like this every year? I seem to remember them doing something like this before. Ah, VH1, the king of repackaging and repeating information.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Captain Wacky
Occasional

Post by Captain Wacky »

You mean I'm NOT a tool? Oh my, my whole identity is in question now...
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

:huh: How many times must VH1 re-do this list? Oy vey.

Maybe they'll give Al another Honorable Mention or he'll comment or something...

-CindyBob
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

You mean I'm NOT a tool? Oh my, my whole identity is in question now...

You can still be a tool if you want. ;) Go to the Hardware Store and pick one out. They've got allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters....

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
HappyBirthday1983
Occasional

Post by HappyBirthday1983 »

lose yourself at number 4? is someone effin kidding me? couch potato was much better! plus eminem is just everything wrong with music. disgraceful. number 4444 maybe. but not number 4.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

lose yourself at number 4?

Is this a new development? If it is, don't be so quick to get mad, cuz it's bound to be due to Al's parody.

Say thank you to Mr. Yankovic, Marshall, on your WAY to the bank with that nice check. Did you get the royalty check yet? Too bad you didn't let him do that video. You could have really raked it in. Just ask Coolio... :huh:
Katoot
Occasional

Post by Katoot »

Now I ask, doesn't VH1 do a list like this every year? I seem to remember them doing something like this before. Ah, VH1, the king of repackaging and repeating information.

Dave

Well, I believe last year they did the 100 Greatest or Most Influential Videos. Thriller was number 1, but placed nowhere on this years list.