What are your kids' favourite songs?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

little kids on my bus think it's funny when I sing Toothless People

Sarah

they also like Slime Creatures
yoda728b

Post by yoda728b »

being 18, I do not have kids, nut I know quite a few and all of them seem to like the violent songs. This was the same with me when I was younger.
julieabr
Occasional

Post by julieabr »

being 18, I do not have kids, nut I know quite a few and all of them seem to like the violent songs. This was the same with me when I was younger.

Yeah, when my son was younger he used to love Nature Trail to Hell.

Julie
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

My 12 1/2-yr old son Zack's "old favorite" Al song used to be either Everything You Know Is Wrong, or It's All About the Pentiums (he says Al looks really cool in concert performing the latter). From PH his new favorite is either Hardware Store or AWBP.

My 7-yr old son Adam's favorite Al song is Like A Surgeon. I asked him and he rattled that off really quick, so I have to believe it. ;)

My 5-yr old daughter Megan's favorite Al song is a tie between Like A Surgeon, You Don't Love Me Anymore, and "the guy, you know where Santa is going crazy" (aka The Night Santa Went Crazy). She loved the "snow" in concert..

Proud as punch of her kids..

-Shelley
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

My kids love Since You've been Gone...Oh No, wait ! That's me - I don't have kids. Never mind

Cid
firefrog

Post by firefrog »

Well I'm 14 but I just have to say that I thought that the majority of this board was actually teenagers :P !

This was probably because my parents (and my friends' parents) despise Weird Al... now I thought that this was impossible but I was wrong!

Mum hates it cause she thinks he's annoying, immature and has an extremely irritating voice :S... my Dad just wont listen to anything but his Lou Reed crap and my eight year old sis' hates him cause she only likes Avril and Brittany and thinks that Weird Al is insulting them and making fun of them during A Complicated Song and I Love Rocky Road...

A loud groan is let out when they hear my Al music blaring and if they hear a Polka in my room they turn it straight down so I can barely hear it... it's really frustrating... and my friends parents are pretty much the same.

However my family does have one favourite Al song that they WILL listen to...

MUM - Jerry Springer

DAD - Albuquerque

SISTER - Polka Power (She likes the Spice Girl opening)

Well that's my comments down. Thanx for listening to my incoherent rambling and nonsense!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: ...

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Well I'm 14 but I just have to say that I thought that the majority of this board was actually teenagers :P !
This was probably because my parents (and my friends' parents) despise Weird Al... now I thought that this was impossible but I was wrong!
Mum hates it cause she thinks he's annoying, immature and has an extremely irritating voice :S
Does that mean she hasn't been listening to him since the mid-eighties? Try & get her to listen to The Saga Begins or Ode To A Superhero. When Al's parodying a ballad, you can tell better what a nice voice he has. And do NOT play "Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch" where your mom can hear. :nervous:
... my Dad just wont listen to anything but his Lou Reed crap and my eight year old sis' hates him cause she only likes Avril and Brittany and thinks that Weird Al is insulting them and making fun of them during A Complicated Song and I Love Rocky Road...
Ms. Spears sang "I Love Rock & Roll?" :dontgetit:
Well that's my comments down. Thanx for listening to my incoherent rambling and nonsense!
And thank you for spelling "incoherent" right! :D
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Heh. My parents LOVE Al! They both have a favorite.

Mom: Hardware Store

Dad: A lot of the early stuff, since he recognizes the tunes, and he likes Albuquerque.

My friends' parents think he's ok. They don't hate him, and they don't love him. One of my friends parents' likes Ebay, and I have a teacher who loves A Complicated Song.

EDIT: YAY! I just took the honor of having the 27th reply!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yes, OE, Britney did sing a version of "I Love Rock and Roll" in her "movie" Crossroads. I didn't see it, but I know from the ads they used to show. She proved again how naive she is by once saying that she enjoyed singing that song because she loves Pat Benatar. :sarcasm:

I would like to add my son Derek to my comments about kids' favorite songs. I don't really think he has any favorites. He just likes Al's music. Period. He especially likes when I sing along with a song. My daughter, Laura, was very fond of the WAY Live video. I think her favorite was "Bedrock Anthem". Aww. I have this recurring dream that I'm at a show, and Al's singing that song, and tears just stream down my face because of how much it reminds me of her. I hope that really doesn't happen. I'd hate to have Al think that his music makes me sad. It certainly does not. But there was one time last year that I was watching him perform that song on the WAY Live video, and I did shed a tear or two. Anyway, there's another 27 cents worth on this topic from me.

Patti
Captain Wacky
Occasional

Post by Captain Wacky »

firefrog wrote:
I thought that the majority of this board was actually teenagers !
Actually there are a lot of us Old Farts here! The love of Al transcends all generations!!!

Algonachick wrote:
She proved again how naive she is by once saying that she enjoyed singing that song because she loves Pat Benatar.

THAT'S FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I wonder if one day she dreams of being a verterinarian - because she loves children!!!