What are your kids' favourite songs?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

great review Dr. Dad.......I'm 15, and I think it's funny that your daughter acts that way about Al, because I did when I was 11 and 12, except I secretly loved him, of course she listens to the main bands and whatever is hot this week.....I listen to Weird Al and.....umm.....well some Dr. Demento.....haha.....all my friends wonder how I don't know whoever's new song, of even their name......well the ones that haven't come over.....because if you come to my house, YOU'RE WATCHING UHF oooorrr Weird Al Live, and all my friends do laugh.....

ooooh baaack on toooopic.....

well I'm answering this backwards...what my parents like...hahahaha

my dad loves it all, in fact he's the one who convinced my mom to let us go to the concert

my mom isn't a huge fan, but she seems to like the polka's (because she actually knows who's who, and knows the songs) and most of the parody.....she wasn't big on Couch Potato and Trash Day, just because she didn't like the original.....but she did like E-bay.....especially since my dad get's on E-Bay kicks and buys weird stuff

Sarah
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Oh I forgot to say when our entire class watched UHF. They loved it. Especially Emo, Kuni, WOF, Raul, and "MY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My little sister likes "I love Rocky Road"
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Pattimash
Occasional

Hmmmm

Post by Pattimash »

My daughter is 11 and she likes "A Complicated Song" and "Trash Day" off this album and "Amish Paradise", "Fat", and a few others off of previous albums chiefly because she knows the originals. I guess it must be funnier if you know the song that was parodied. I am "with it" as a parent and listen to everything she does. I've just been around longer so I get a kick out of ALL of his stuff. And I can appreciate the original works and believe he is a truly mega-talented man.
dead_parrot
Occasional

Post by dead_parrot »

I'm 16 and Idon't think I could pick a favorite song. It would probably be one of the songs on TWS, PH, or BHD. Pretty vague, huh? :)

I have a twelve year old brother who'sf favorite song is Yoda and a 7 year old sister who likes Al but I'm not sure what her favorite is. Maybe Couch Potato because it mentions Spongebob or Yoda. Both my parents like Weird Al a bit, my dad more than my mom aithough my mom never complains when I play Al cd's and she went with us to the OC concert last year.

One more thing; Dr. Dad, your family is kind of freaking me out. The reason? I'm the oldest of the kids in my family at 16. My brother, Chris, is 12. My sister, Katherine, is 7. And my dad's name? Jim.

Ash aka Dead Parrot
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

My 3 year old daughter Grace's favorite was "Polkamon" for the last couple of months, but this last week or so it's been "Fat."

My 6 year old niece Sydney's favorites are "The White Stuff," "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi" and "Yoda."
julieabr
Occasional

Re: What are your kids' favourite songs?

Post by julieabr »

[quote="TANKgirl"]Ok, so many of us here are grownups, I presume a certain number of us also have kids, and that a portion of those kids are also insane Al freaks like their parents.

So what do YOUR kids like?

My kids (ages 5 and 11) *love* Trash Day. They both go around singing "hey you, disgusting slob, you gotta take the trash out". My 5 year old sings "hey you, disgusting slug", but she means well... :)

Julie
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Post by catanddogdoctor »

My daughter's (4 1/2 years) favorite PH songs are:

Trash Day- she loves to sing the female vocals (she is as warped as her mother :satisfied: ) and Spiderman. On the other hand she really doen't care for Couch Potato (darn!)

Of the other albums she really like Jurassic Park....

Maria
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

QUOTE One more thing; Dr. Dad, your family is kind of freaking me out. The reason? I'm the oldest of the kids in my family at 16. My brother, Chris, is 12. My sister, Katherine, is 7. And my dad's name? Jim.  

Ash aka Dead Parrot

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

[insert creepy Twilight Zone theme music here]

We're entering a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind ... or lack thereof.

At the concert tracker up ahead, your next stop -- THE AL ZONE!!!

Dr. Dad

[strains his brain to think ... didn't we have one other kid a long time ago ... the one we gave to Albanian gypsy air-conditioning repairmen about ... 16 years ago??? ... ]

[Naw, now I remember -- that kid we called "Nearly Deceased Toucan". My mistake ...]
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

*super glad Dr. Dad didn't name her*

Sarah :biggrin:
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

Being only 16 I don't have any kids...that I know of. But I do have a little sister. She loves A Complicated Song and Trash Day. As far as the other ALbums go, she likes Fat, Happy Birthday and DTBS.