(Over)analyze This

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Now, ya see, here's the danger of reading stuff like that at work. El had just posted the lyrics to YP, and just as I got to the, ahem, "fartypants" line, the my line rang and I had to try very, very hard indeed to sound relatively business-like and professional. I was cracking up so much

At least I managed not to answer the phone with "This is fartypants, may I help you?". Not the kind of thing you want to hear from your insurance agent. :blink:

sg
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Squirrelygirl @ Jun 9 2006, 07:44 PM wrote: At least I managed not to answer the phone with "This is fartypants, may I help you?". Not the kind of thing you want to hear from your insurance agent. :blink:

:lol: Yeah, that just might scare a few people away.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Adrian, both "fartypantsness" and "fartypantsdom" are really great words!

sg, pretty funny post, there!

:lol:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

OK, we've got new material. Time to start overanalyzing again.

White and Nerdy: Is he really having a hard time deciding between Kirk and Picard? I think not. Consider:

Earl Grey tea: Favorite beverage of Picard.

Speaking Klingon: a Picard ability. Somehow Kirk always gave me the impression that the only foreign phrase he was likely to know was "voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir" if I spelled that right.

Stephen Hawking: a welcome presence in W&N's library and Capt. Picard's holodeck.

I rest my case. :P
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Helen, I bow to your white and nerdiness, and knowledge of Star Trek.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

:lol: Well, that settles that.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Actually, if you REALLY wanna over-analyze the line, it doesn't really make sense to say, "Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard" at all. Obviously, if he's a Trekkie he'd like BOTH of them. The question he should have asked is "Which do I like more, Kirk or Picard?" Of course, that wouldn't fit into the song, but it would be the better question to ask.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Bruce the Duck @ Sep 30 2006, 10:38 AM wrote: Actually, if you REALLY wanna over-analyze the line, it doesn't really make sense to say, "Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard" at all. Obviously, if he's a Trekkie he'd like BOTH of them. The question he should have asked is "Which do I like more, Kirk or Picard?" Of course, that wouldn't fit into the song, but it would be the better question to ask.
I thought that too Jeremy... :lol:

This thread is absolutely brilliant, THANK YOU for bumping it...and if I was half as intelligent as the rest of you people, I'd attempt to (over)analyze as well.. :S

~*Cat*~
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

algonacchick @ Sep 30 2006, 01:51 PM wrote: Helen, I bow to your white and nerdiness, and knowledge of Star Trek.
Thank you. If I get the chance on the next tour, I am so going to ask Al to sign my homemade Star Trek uniform.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Actually, if you REALLY wanna over-analyze the line, it doesn't really make sense to say, "Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard" at all. Obviously, if he's a Trekkie he'd like BOTH of them. The question he should have asked is "Which do I like more, Kirk or Picard?" Of course, that wouldn't fit into the song, but it would be the better question to ask.

Not necessarily. I've known a few obsessive, W&N Trekkies--TREKKERS!---in my life, and they always liked one and hated the other with an irrational, fiery passion.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.