(Over)analyze This

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Sep 30 2006, 12:57 AM wrote: Stephen Hawking: a welcome presence in W&N's library and Capt. Picard's holodeck.
To be fair, during Kirk's time there were no holodecks. :P

Goodness, W&N gave me so much easy stuff to have Al sign...but I have so many sigs already. Oh well. I need to go get my D&D player's guide. ;) Or one of my Star Trek comics. 8)
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Just something I thought when I saw the WAN video tonight on Al-TV...

Wouldn't a truly white and nerdy person buy a bootleg copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special on Blu-Ray and not VHS? :P
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WeirdAce
Occasional

Post by WeirdAce »

actually a true white and nerdy person would have every form possible of it...on top of the "original" vhs copy

I'd like to see it in FLV...
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Al should have sued Wyoming for looking too much like Colorado. Colorado became a state in 1876. It took until 1890 for Wyoming to become a state.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Thats true... But then again, it is the government...... since when does it make sense???!!!

:lol: I LOVE this topic (I am one known to way over analyze things!!!)
Oh snap!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: (Over)analyze This

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I am pleased to announce that I may have finally found confirmation of a Pet Theory of mine concerning "Perform This Way." It always baffled me that Al, who is so meticulous with his parodies, would mispronounce the French phrase, as AlejandraDD noticed when the song first came out. And I wondered: could he be having fun with Lady Gaga's French pronunciation? I think the answer is, Yes, that's probably exactly what he's doing. It would be just like Al. There's always another layer.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

King of Suede - Overlong commercial for a local mom and pop store or a small business owner begging and pleading customers to ignore the shiny new Walmart and come to his store before it's forced to close and he'll have nothing to eat but unsold clothes and food from the vending machines at Willy's Fun Arcade?

Either way, both KOS and Willy's probably closed years ago ;(
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

:foil:

If you thought Mandatory Fun was just a cute little title, it's so much more than that. Clearly this is the government's fascist manifesto, hiding in plain sight. Why do you think it was Al's first #1 album? Why do you think each new video received so much attention? The powers that be made it so! Each song gives us a taste of the brutal regime to come, we just haven't opened our eyes yet! Well, I'm on to them.

"Handy" - by spending all our money on endless wars overseas, infrastructure will fall into disrepair, and soon everyone will need things fixed. We'll be too distracted by our crumbling homes and roads to worry about anything else.
"Lame Claim to Fame" - enjoy whatever memories of meeting celebrities you may have, because pretty soon, the only celebrities we'll be allowed to talk about will be our dictators! And unless you'd like a nice bullet in your skull, it'd better be nothing but compliments.
"Foil" - yeah, not a joke. This one went right over your heads, guys.
"Sports Song" - the only reason it's so generic is because all our favorite sports teams will be disbanded under the new regime. Once the blanks are filled in, you're looking at our new national anthem.
"Word Crimes" - you've been warned: we'll soon be living under literal grammar Nazis. Better study up, guys.
"My Own Eyes" - okay, sometimes people just see crazy things. No need to lie about that.
"NOW That's What I Call Polka!" - all popular music will soon sound like the same polka over and over and over and over again. This medley of the most recent hits was designed to ease us into more officially state-sponsored entertainment. Individuality, exemplified by creative types, will be a thing of the past.
"Mission Statement" - the music may be relaxing, but the lyrics are subliminally encouraging us to do the labor assigned to us by the government. Profit and productivity! Everything else comes second!
"Inactive" - fat and lazy at home, but industrious at work, is exactly how the government wants us, so not only will we be unable to fight back, we won't even want to in the first place!
"First World Problems" - the government doesn't want you thinking about the oppression bearing down on you; only the most trivial problems are worth your trouble.
"Tacky" - sure, we may seem ridiculous to those freedom-loving fools in other countries, but we're Americans, damn it! You're not going to keep us down by calling us names!
"Jackson Park Express" - the protagonist of this song seems a little unhinged, doesn't he? Well, that's the point; going back to that "individuality" thing, the government wants us to see anyone who over-analyzes things as crazy! Free-thinkers will not be tolerated!

Hail HYDRA!

:foil: :P
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Maybe this has been pointed out already, but I was listening to "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me" recently and was cracking up at how many times the SFTCTM refrain is repeated over-and-over again at the end. Then it dawned on me that this ad nauseum repetition is kind of a lyrical representation of getting spammed. Or you could almost look at it like he's responding to each and every stupid email he's received from the friend the song is aimed at telling him to stop forwarding that crap to him. I visualize his friend's inbox looking like an endless string of emails from Al that say:

"RE: Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me."

etc....
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Things that cross your mind as you clean the bathrooms at work and Another Tattoo comes on the iPod:

At every job interview they're just so impressed
Cause I got all my ex-wives' on my chest

Where's Al interviewing? Chippendales????? :blink:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?