The Hamilton Polka

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: NEW SINGLE THIS FRIDAY!

Post by Big Spoon »

There are so many big songs, it's hard to choose just one!

Three of the bigger ones are

- Alexander Hamilton
- My Shot
- Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down))

But there are really so many! Also, Al did a video a while back where he did a brief cover of What'd I Miss?, so that's a possibility, too.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Big Spoon wrote: But there are really so many! Also, Al did a video a while back where he did a brief cover of What'd I Miss?, so that's a possibility, too.
A POLKA cover, no less. Hmm.... :think:
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

It wasn't really a Polka cover. It was just played on the accordion.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

He's listening to us!! :accordion:

I've been waiting so long for a Hamilton polka medley. If this is what it turns out to be I will flip my smurf
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I would love nothing more than to hear a Hamilton parody or polka medley, but does anyone actually believe that would be billed as a "new single"?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Yeah....it seems like billing this as a new single would be like billing Beat on the Brat or I Need a Nap as a new single.

I wouldn't be opposed to "In addition to", however....... :F
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

TMBJon wrote:I would love nothing more than to hear a Hamilton parody or polka medley, but does anyone actually believe that would be billed as a "new single"?
Maybe a dumb question, but why wouldn't a Hamilton parody be considered a new single? Haven't most of Al's singles been parody songs?

Now if it were a straight cover of a Hamilton song, billing it a new single would be odd. (For Al, anyway).
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:I would love nothing more than to hear a Hamilton parody or polka medley, but does anyone actually believe that would be billed as a "new single"?
Teh Dingo wrote:Yeah....it seems like billing this as a new single would be like billing Beat on the Brat or I Need a Nap as a new single.
Thank you, Jon and Dingo. This is exactly what I was thinking as I watched this rapidly become the "all Hamilton related speculation" thread.

Look, I'm just as aware of Hamiltons' existence as a pop culture phenomenon as much as anyone else but I also haven't bothered getting as into it as some of you.

Hell, that accordion cover Al posted may be the absolute most I've heard of the soundtrack so I'm obviously one of those people on here who (*gasp*) clearly hasn't memorized the entirety of the soundtrack by heart.

That being said, Lin-Manuel is definitely a good guy and I like him just fine from the few things I've seen him on. I wouldn't mind if he and Al collaborated on a project at some point. I'd just be a little disappointed if their collaboration turned out to be Als' new "single" which also turned out to be a "Hamildrop" (as the kids seem to be saying these days) only because I may not be able to fully appreciate it due to not being immersed in the source material.

Besides, I was more inclined to think that maybe LMM would tweet something about being involved with Al and Al would share it if this were it. However, I'm starting to realize from some of you that Lin-Manuel is probably as secretive as to what his "Hamildrops" actually are as Al is to what his songs are before their designated release.

Plus, seeing the clip Al posted on Instagram of Fallon & Questlove ever so coyly teasing what is now obviously going to be the BIG reveal of their coappearance on his show now has me more convinced that they collaborated on something that is going to be released in two days.

So yeah, I'm sure if Al is involved in this "Hamildrop" it will be a sheer coincidence and it will be released alongside Als' song which I'm hoping is just a regular unrelated tune he wrote.

I'm very excited he actually confirmed a release date, by the way!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Can't wait for the new single!!! ^_^
A random thought: can the new Al's single be not a strict Hamilton parody, but a song ABOUT Hamilton or just mentioning/referring to Hamilton at some point? :think:
Also, it would be cool, if the song is an Al's collaboration with Lin.
But, honestly, I would enjoy listening to any new songs by Al!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Other thought I just had. Possibly Al's new single could be a duet between him and Lin?

But I'm still banking on the single and Al/Lin on Fallon not being related.
And Peggy