Jim West's Best Thread

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Jim West's Best Thread

Post by Yankomaniac »

What are your favorite Jim West riffs and songs? Just post your five to ten ultimate favorite Al songs that showcase Jim West's amazingly underrated guitar skill or just ones you love the most and discuss if you feel like it. I'm going to list 10 because 5 is too hard to choose.

1. Genius In France

2. Stuck In A Closet With Vanna White

3. UHF

4. Nature Trail To Hell

5. Traffic Jam

6. When I Was Your Age

7. You Don't Love Me Anymore

8. Young, Dumb & Ugly

9. One Of Those Days

10. You Make Me

So many more, was tough to even narrow it down to ten. Love his sound and solo's on all of these most, in no particular order.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Jim West's Best Thread

Post by Muppetboy09 »

1. Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies
2. Why Does This Always Happen To Me
3. Sports Song
4. Amish Paradise
5. Spy Hard

But seriously, I love the solo in the middle of Mission Statement. The reverse pedal effect he has running makes it even more amazing.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I agree! Must love his sampling work on Amish Paradise, always cool to see Live. His acoustic arrangements are incredible. Such an elegant and dynamic guitar player and writer. Frank's 2000" TV, Good Old Days, Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota and You Don't Love Me Anymore are serious works of art, and would not be without his special touch!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Got his Christmas albums out already. Anybody else? Such a great touch he puts on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Unbelievable work, makes me enjoy Christmas much more as opposed to the holiday songs you always hear over and over in the stores. Thanks Kimo!