Al's voice

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Shelley wrote:
I wouldn't complain if it was in the tour, but I do hope that OMM is still in there..

-Shelley
That would work, Al's done shows with Melanie and OMM, and Germs with OMM.

SD wrote:
wouldn't mind if we replace the song Germs, just so long as the ripped fishnet and the writhing and mic licking stays in the setlist.

:bigups: :P Oh Yeah!

Right now I'm listening to the polka medley, and I'd get a kick out of Al going Ooooh waaa-aaa-aaa, Oooooh waaa-aaa-aaaa in the show.
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

It wouldn't be a Weird al Concert if he didn't have his newest polka!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing this polka medly live. The doo wop stuff is gonna... um... Polka.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Right now I'm listening to the polka medley, and I'd get a kick out of Al going Ooooh waaa-aaa-aaa, Oooooh waaa-aaa-aaaa in the show.

Ohhh, I can so imagine that. I can't wait to find out what the play list will be for the shows.

-CindyBob
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Sigh... I love it when Al just pulls out the stops and sings. Not trying to sound like anyone but Al. :choon:

Listening to Ebay, when he gets to the part "I'm highest bidder now" :inlove:

Kinda takes your breath away, doesn't it?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

P@TLC... Al's voice is different in the studio mix than it was at OC. (Bootleg? what bootleg? :lookround: ) But after getting used to the difference, I like it. I really like it when he gets that growly-gravelly rock and roll thing going with his voice. He does it in That Boy Could Dance too. And in Laundry Day, We've Got The Beef (bootleg? what bootleg?)

Very sexy. :rockedover:
dead_parrot
Occasional

Truck Driving Song voice...

Post by dead_parrot »

So on Sunday I went with some friends to the Highland Games at the OC Fair grounds. It was a long drive and they didn't have any cds in the car. I had some Al stuff and played some of PH and RWS. They actually own RWS and they had absolutley NO idea that that was Al's voice on TDS! They couldn't believe it. I don't know who they thought it was but they couldn't believe it was him. Thought that was funny.

Later.

Ash
MidiboyGregg

Post by MidiboyGregg »

Is it really his natural voice though? I am pretty sure it is enhanced with digital processing. I am also a musician and have made my voice lower and higher on several occasions with my digital effects software. Really easy...and it sounds almost real.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

The voice Al uses on TDS is his natural voice, but he explained that it's his "morning voice." In the morning his voice is naturally lower.

El
MidiboyGregg

Post by MidiboyGregg »

Ah! :biggrin: