Al's voice

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I double checked the notes...and that MUST be him singing....he has mentioned in something I read that he goes into the studio early to sing the earlier parts......

Or maybe he enhanced his voice via a computer....I believe he said he did that for the low parts in "Germs."
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

D'oh! I didn't think to look at the liner notes...

I have looked at them, but somehow I get distracted by the pictures.:lookround: And I forget that I was reading. :blush:

:inlove:
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

yeah that thought crossed my mind a few minutes ago...I bet that IS it....

Sarah
TronixBot

Post by TronixBot »

Whats the highest note Al can sing? He hits a Bb at the end of Biggest Ball of tine in MN, if you dont know anything about singing or the ranges of men, that is insanely high! hes practically a castrato! (http://www.usrf.org/news/010308-jenkins_lancet.html) Okay, maybe not, but he still gets amazingly high. In songs like "Horoscope fot Today" and "Weird Al Show Theme", what he sings there sounds so easy and unforced, but they are kinda high. Im a tenor myself, and i find it hard to sing along if i dont sit up and have alot of water and use a lot of air.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

hes practically a castrato!

Not sure if that is what I think it is. But if so, Nina is proof that it just ain't so.

:blush:
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

The castrati with the finest voices became operatic idols

uh huh! let's here an Opera Polka

Sarah :choon:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

hes practically a castrato!
Not sure if that is what I think it is. But if so, Nina is proof that it just ain't so.

:blush:

Yeah, I think we can be fairly certain that "I have no genitalia/ I sold my kids for cheese" was not autobiographical. :lookround:

What Al does is sing falsetto, which is different.

I still laugh when I think about hearing once on a classical radio show that was explaining about male falsetto singers how at a recital of one such singer, the stage manager came out before the concert to announce: "The management of the theater wishes to announce that Mr. Smith [or whatever his name was] has not been... interfered with... in any way."
MidiboyGregg

Post by MidiboyGregg »

The low voices are synthesized. Listen to Hardware Store vocal only mix, you can totally tell that the voice was sampled then played via synthesizer. Al as well as any singer, can have any vocal range with the help of a synth.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Darth Synth perhaps?
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

uh huh! let's here an Opera Polka

Well, Bohemian Rhapsody is on Queen's Night at the Opera (which is excellent, by the way).