Any More Polka Medleys?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Any More Polka Medleys?

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

Now that Al isn't coming out with anymore albums and is only doing singles, do you think he will still make a polka medley from time to time, or do you think the polka medleys are done for? :accordion:
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: Anymore Polka Medleys?

Post by Wizzerkat »

I have read where Al has said he doubts there will be anymore polka medleys because of the work(permission and stuff) that goes into them. I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case, though!
Is my dude a dweeb?
IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

Wizzerkat wrote:I have read where Al has said he doubts there will be anymore polka medleys because of the work(permission and stuff) that goes into them. I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case, though!
Me too! I really enjoy the polkas
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

He has said that he may never record another polka but he will try to keep polka as a part of his live shows in the future no matter what.

Could this mean he may continue arranging polka medleys of recent top 40 hits but only playing them on stage rather than recording and releasing them? Could Al keep arranging new polkas that exist as mere concert only songs? Could AL have several polka in the future that only exist as Polka Face did circa 2010?

If Al does miss polka that much it would be a great way for him to continue assembling them and presenting them to his hardcore fans without the hassle of all that paperwork that comes with recording them.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Any More Polka Medleys?

Post by Yankomaniac »

They should just perform old polka's and a random one every show, sure that would mean a hell of a lot more backtrack rehearsing but that would be so killer!! One night you get Polka Power and then the next Polka Face or The Hot Rocks Polka, that would be quite awesome not knowing what they were about to pull out.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Better yet, mash all the polkas up! So you get a little REM followed by Kanye West into Devo.

On second thought, nah.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

mrmeadows wrote:Better yet, mash all the polkas up!
That was literally my idea for that woway apprentice setlist we made, I called it metapolka, but then we decided to go with a different polka.
claykid12345
Occasional
Awards: nothing

Post by claykid12345 »

What I've been wondering is why Al can't just use a digital release service, like RouteNote or TuneCore for albums?
...it's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys, it's time to let the bedbugs bite...
Weird Al Concerts I've been to:
6/30/16 - Kansas City, MO (Mandatory Fun Tour)
8/31/19 - Kansas City, MO (Strings Attached Tour)
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

claykid12345 wrote:What I've been wondering is why Al can't just use a digital release service, like RouteNote or TuneCore for albums?
I'm sure he could. And he may well do so now that he's going indie. But the reason he's not doing traditional albums anymore is not that he can't, but that he doesn't want to wait for 12 songs to collect before he releases anything, so that his parodies can be more timely.

Also, I think it's very likely he will keep doing new polkas for the live shows.
Love and peace.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

here is a polka I made up just for this:

Uptown Funk
No
Sorry
Hello
Hotline Bling