Hello? (It's Speculation)

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Hello? (It's Speculation)

Post by mrmeadows »

So does anyone think Al is going to get around to parodying Adele this time? I would pay all the money to hear his take on "Hello". I don't care what the subject matter is, I just want to her him belt out that chorus.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Hello?

Post by yankochick38 »

As much as I would love this, I think by this point it's already been out too long for him to do anything with it, unless he releases something today or tomorrow. James Corden already parodied Hello for Halloween on his show, which is just another reason to hate this probably nice man. Would love to hear Al's take on it, but not sure it is likely.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

Wow! I had that thought the other day! Id like to hear his take on it, but I guess I could say that about any popular song right now. I just want him to come out with another song :P
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Hello...?
It's me...

It also woulda been possibly great if he had done something with Hotline Bling by Drake, but that song is almost a parody of itself by now. (T)

Maybe Al is done making music. :oo
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

yankochick38 wrote: Maybe Al is done making music. :oo
Don't even THINK about saying that :annoyed: If he is I will cry forever.
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Well, there is a new Star Wars movie coming up...
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

weird_el wrote:Well, there is a new Star Wars movie coming up...
Obvious line: "Hello from the Dark Siiiiide!!"

I don't buy that Al will reject doing a song parody just because others have already parodied it. There were tons of "Blurred Lines" and "Happy" parodies out there. . .before Al came out with the best ones. In this internet age, as soon as there's a hit song you'll have about 27 YouTube parodies of it before the end of the week. Doesn't mean any of them are the definitive ones.

I think it would have to come down to him having a great idea. I think if he had an inspired concept for an Adele parody he'd do it, but I don't think he would do it just to do it.

I am curious to see how his next release goes down, whether it's a parody or original. Will he just release one-offs here and there as ideas come to him? How much advance warning will we get that something will be released? Seems like we always knew a new album was on the horizon months before the release date, but if he's now just going to release one song at a time I doubt the build up would be that drawn out.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm willing to bet Al will release some parody in December/January about the new Star Wars movie. I mean, it's practically obligatory.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Big Spoon wrote:I'm willing to bet Al will release some parody in December/January about the new Star Wars movie. I mean, it's practically obligatory.
I was thinking/hoping that as well. . .but don't know if I'd bet on it.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Our collective guesses are as good as Als' or each others as to when he will release a new song in any way, shape or form. I don't know that Al is actively paying attention to the charts right now, but even if he's not Adeles' new release and the sheer hype surrounding it may still be hard to miss if you're not in a cave somewhere. I'm sure Al knows about the song but unless he's already had a can't resist" idea suddenly pop into his head that he really wants to do before it's too late, I doubt it's gonna happen.

While we're on the subject, I really want to see someone somewhere (if not Al) write an Adele parody titled "Yellow" that is a tribute to The Simpsons.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...