Hello? (It's Speculation)

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Hello? (It's Speculation)

Post by TMBJon »

mellow weasel wrote:Only slightly on topic - am I the only one bugged by the line "But it don't matter" :wordcrimes: ? It throws me off everytime I sing along, because I want to say "doesn't" :angry:
This is somewhat common slang in the US.

Al has even done this before:
"If you don't mind the calories, it don't matter if you snack all night."
"Now it don't matter if the collar's bent if it's got nylon twenty percent."
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

If there's a Star Wars parody, I sincerely hope that it's to a classic song in the same way Saga Begins or OTAS. It gives a longer shelf life to something that can be seen as leaping on two popular trends at the same time.

As far as the next big one, I don't even think the song's been released yet. The two biggest of Hello and Hotline Bling were released right in the middle of an international tour which isn't going to help, and especially in the case of Hotline Bling... There's nothing to it. It's got Six Words Long Syndrome. People are more interested in the video than the song, honestly.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

yeah after the success of the #8videosin8days I tend to think that the parody target will be largely influenced on his ability to record a funny video for it. I was amazed at the success of the videos of MF even though I don't think/didn't think videos were even a thing anymore.

I think a cool topic to cover would be movies in general. not Star Wars specifically, though that would be alright, but just something about the billions of dollars movies bring in and the ridiculousness of sequels upon sequels upon prequels.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Well, Well, Well wrote: something about the billions of dollars movies bring in and the ridiculousness of sequels upon sequels upon prequels.
Or the veritable epidemic of remakes and reboots that's going on currently...
Love and peace.