Hello? (It's Speculation)

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

drewdy9999
Regular

Re: Hello? (It's Speculation)

Post by drewdy9999 »

I agree that classic rock songs are probably the best material for Star Wars parodies, but hearing Al belt "Welcome to the dark siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" would be absolutely incredible.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Here's my inside info...
I have none. Sorry. :(
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Boo. :bad:
And Peggy
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

"Hello" by Adele is super popular still, but that's kind of the main one being done; "When We Were Young" would be another good Adele song to do since it seems to be one of the songs that plays on the Target TVs all the time. Something with "Let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might be exactly like we were before we realized"? Idk. "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" or any other Meghan Trainor song would be good too, since I always like the music and melody of her songs but the lyrics are always awful. He could "Word Crimes" up her songs a bit. ;) "Cheerleader" is still inexplicably popular, and we have "Hotline Bling" by Drake which I enjoy if I don't analyze the lyrics too much. "Can't Feel My Face," "See You Again," "On My Mind" (meh)...

I'm just getting slightly worried that he might never put out new songs again. :lookaround: That might not be true, but the concept hasn't exactly been proven yet, unless you count Internet Leaks, but I'd say this would still be different from that since any new songs at this point would not go on a physical CD, probably. Any song would do right now; parody, original, polka, or otherwise. Heck, just a 3 minute voice memo would be great. But Al is a perfectionist, I guess, so this could take some time. You don't think he's waiting until he finishes the Mandatory Fun World Tour, do you? :o I'm just a little worried I guess.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

yankochick38 wrote:"Hello" by Adele is super popular still, but that's kind of the main one being done; "When We Were Young" would be another good Adele song to do since it seems to be one of the songs that plays on the Target TVs all the time. Something with "Let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might be exactly like we were before we realized"? Idk. "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" or any other Meghan Trainor song would be good too, since I always like the music and melody of her songs but the lyrics are always awful. He could "Word Crimes" up her songs a bit. ;) "Cheerleader" is still inexplicably popular, and we have "Hotline Bling" by Drake which I enjoy if I don't analyze the lyrics too much. "Can't Feel My Face," "See You Again," "On My Mind" (meh)...

I'm just getting slightly worried that he might never put out new songs again. :lookaround: That might not be true, but the concept hasn't exactly been proven yet, unless you count Internet Leaks, but I'd say this would still be different from that since any new songs at this point would not go on a physical CD, probably. Any song would do right now; parody, original, polka, or otherwise. Heck, just a 3 minute voice memo would be great. But Al is a perfectionist, I guess, so this could take some time. You don't think he's waiting until he finishes the Mandatory Fun World Tour, do you? :o I'm just a little worried I guess.
I guess the question would be does Al personally have the budget himself to make and produce a song and get all the permissions? His record Label was helping with all of that
IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

I've been listening to popular songs on the radio recently (I'm only doing it to speculate for a new Al songs XD) and I noticed that Ariana Grande has a pretty specific style, which could mean that Al could make an Ariana Grande style parody? I'm not a huge fan of hers, but its just an idea!
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

offbeatbryce wrote:
yankochick38 wrote:"Hello" by Adele is super popular still, but that's kind of the main one being done; "When We Were Young" would be another good Adele song to do since it seems to be one of the songs that plays on the Target TVs all the time. Something with "Let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might be exactly like we were before we realized"? Idk. "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" or any other Meghan Trainor song would be good too, since I always like the music and melody of her songs but the lyrics are always awful. He could "Word Crimes" up her songs a bit. ;) "Cheerleader" is still inexplicably popular, and we have "Hotline Bling" by Drake which I enjoy if I don't analyze the lyrics too much. "Can't Feel My Face," "See You Again," "On My Mind" (meh)...

I guess the question would be does Al personally have the budget himself to make and produce a song and get all the permissions? His record Label was helping with all of that
Jay Levey was getting permissions. As far as budget it is fairly cheap to record now, all the guys have home studios. I believe Al was the only one who went into a outside studio to record for the last album
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

IFoundMyYankochicks wrote:I've been listening to popular songs on the radio recently (I'm only doing it to speculate for a new Al songs XD) and I noticed that Ariana Grande has a pretty specific style, which could mean that Al could make an Ariana Grande style parody? I'm not a huge fan of hers, but its just an idea!
She's been out there too I guess with "Focus", but her new stuff hasn't been as popular as other songs. I've been listening to popular songs on the radio recently because, I actually enjoy them :oo , and the ones I hear at least twice a day are "On My Mind" by Ellie Goulding, "When We Were Young" & "Hello" by Adele (seriously, it's time for Adele already!!!!!), "Shut Up and Dance" by WALK THE MOON (super fun song!!!), "Stand By You" & "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten, "Ex's & Oh's" by Elle King (my jaaaammmm) and "Wildest Dreams", "Blank Space," & "Style" by Taylor Swift. "On My Mind" is very repetitive and probably not the greatest parody target, but I feel like it's on constantly. If he decides he's still doing polkas, it could go in one. Adele needs to happen. The Weeknd as well, maybe? "Can't Feel My Face"was basically the song of the summer and very catchy (and kinda also "Cool For the Summer by Demi Lovato), and there's also "The Hills" but that's probably not exactly parody material...maybe? :o "Hotline Bling" would need like, the best idea since a lot has been done with it already. I don't think he's touched Maroon 5 yet, either. Also, Sia is amazing and if Al were to try to tackle some form of "Chandelier" or "Elastic Heart" or "Alive" I would diiiiieeeeee
Justin Bieber is probably not worth it. Ed Sheeran is a babe ("Photograph" ( ;( ) and "Thinking Out Loud" ( :inlove: ) being the popular songs of his from this year), "Stitches" by Shawn Mendes is a fun one that would be great in a polka, if that happens. Although One Direction was in the polka on MF, they've had like two new albums come out since then so there's a lot more to choose from ("Perfect," "Drag Me Down," "History," "Olivia").
Another fun #PossiblePolka song - "I Really Like You" by Carly Rae Jepsen. I know "Call Me Maybe" was in a polka already, but I really really really really really really like this song. But I guess the music video being Tom Hanks lip syncing to the song was silly enough, already. Also, "Run Away With Me" is amazing.
I still feel like he should do a Meghan Trainor song, like "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" or "Lips are Movin" that came out this year, since again her music and melody is always so catchy but her lyrics are always awful.
I'm not sure what to think about "New Americana" by Halsey, but she's very popular in certain circles and on the radio a lot, and performed that song on Colbert. It is catchy! I like it.
Gwen Stefani had a song come out this year ("Used to Love You") that's pretty repetitive, but it's also on the radio all. the. time.
We also got "Uma Thurman" and "Centuries" by Fall Out Boy!
"Pretty Pimpin" by Kurt Vile was also around a lot on TV, and I saw him perform it on Conan live on my birthday and all, but I don't really think this is a candidate.
"Cheerleader" by OMI is awful and if Al wants to do it I hope he does because he would make it waaayyyy better.
"Locked Away" by R. City & Adam Levine is also on the radio quite a bit and quite a dancey tune.
(As an aside, Pitbull's songs are very fun, but I suppose "Timber" counts as including him already!)

So anyway, he's got options. :bigups:
Last edited by yankochick38 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added links! Why did I list so many songs for no reason????
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Everyone on WOWAY needs to do their part to help make Wolf Alice (deservedly) the biggest band in the country so that Al can do a parody:

Youtube
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Only slightly on topic - am I the only one bugged by the line "But it don't matter" :wordcrimes: ? It throws me off everytime I sing along, because I want to say "doesn't" :angry: