Songs About Death

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

MartyMcFly

Re: Songs About Death

Post by MartyMcFly »

I've noticed too that most of Al's death songs (or at least where it's a part of the story) are usually entertaining or funny or musically upbeat, so it kinda slips under the radar. The only truly sad or dark songs he's done imo, are "Mr Frump in the Iron Lung" and maybe "Christmas at Ground Zero", since the entire song was about a nuclear holocaust.
Al-oholic since 1991!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Nature Trail To Hell is also a "dark song". Not a sad song but I'd say it is rather "dark".
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

Yankomaniac wrote:Nature Trail To Hell is also a "dark song". Not a sad song but I'd say it is rather "dark".
Definitely. I think he was spoofing all the 80s slasher movies (which were probably MORE popular at the time than they are now). Another thing I love about Al is that, most of his dark and disturbing songs (like "The Night Santa Went Crazy", one of his most well-known originals) have the juxtaposition with being musically upbeat.
Al-oholic since 1991!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

death
:killed:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Song Dust
Occasional

Post by Song Dust »

'Everything You Know Is Wrong' never fails to make me laugh. It really paints a picture in my head whenever I listen to it.
4/10/15 ~ First concert and meeting Al! <3
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

MartyMcFly wrote:Another thing I love about Al is that, most of his dark and disturbing songs (like "The Night Santa Went Crazy", one of his most well-known originals) have the juxtaposition with being musically upbeat.
I love Weasel Stomping Day for this. It's so incredibly cheery and so perfectly horrible at the same time! XD
Love and peace.
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

One of my favorite death songs is Everything You Know is Wrong.
Okay, I'm gonna get serious for a minute. I've had a series of traumas (including the untimely deaths of my parents,the love of my life, my sister, and even more trauma I won't get into). I developed PTSD. More than anything else,(I refused all drugs as treatment) Al's outlook on life and his humor has helped me. My anxiety dissolves when he points out you don't know what's gonna happen so why worry about it. He survives a car crash but dies from a paper cut. Heaven has a dress code, but they let him in anyway.
Thanks soooo much Al!!!
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

I'm so sorry Chicky. Just stick with Al. He truly is a walking anti-depressant. :hug:
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

chickadee wrote:One of my favorite death songs is Everything You Know is Wrong.
Okay, I'm gonna get serious for a minute. I've had a series of traumas (including the untimely deaths of my parents,the love of my life, my sister, and even more trauma I won't get into). I developed PTSD. More than anything else,(I refused all drugs as treatment) Al's outlook on life and his humor has helped me. My anxiety dissolves when he points out you don't know what's gonna happen so why worry about it. He survives a car crash but dies from a paper cut. Heaven has a dress code, but they let him in anyway.
Thanks soooo much Al!!!
:sorry:
I'm so sorry to hear such bad news about you, chickadee ;(
Life is hard. Remember that we here at WOWAY love you and we'll do anything to prevent that from not happening.
:flower: :hug:

Whenever you need a hand or even an arm, we're here for you 24/7.
:gaga: Stay happy <3
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Golly.... I'm overwhelmed by so many kind words. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Life is so hard, but all of you have been so kind that it shows me the other side of it.
There is so much goodness, too.
I wish all of this goodness for each and everyone of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!