Unheard/Rarely Played Albums

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Unheard/Rarely Played Albums

Post by Yankomaniac »

Haven't you heard all of the albums?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Re: Such A Groovy Guy...

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

Yankomaniac wrote:Haven't you heard all of the albums?

Would you believe I haven't?!

I've been loving Al for forever, but there's still so much music i have yet to discover! It's exciting. ♡
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Such A Groovy Guy...

Post by Yankomaniac »

I guess, I believe it. Which other Weird Al albums have you not explored?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Unheard Albums

Post by anthontherun »

I split this from the "Such a Groovy Guy" topic because I think it could make for an interesting discussion...I feel like I automatically assume everybody here has heard every album and knows every song backwards and forwards, but truth be told, I don't even know that I could say that about myself. I mean, I've heard everything of course but there are a handful of songs from In 3-D through UHF that I'm pretty fuzzy on. I've probably used "That Boy Could Dance" as a generic 'obscure Al song' reference more times than I've actually listened to it. It was only recently that I went on a "Slime Creatures from Outer Space" bender that helped me differentiate it from "Attack of the Radioactive Hamsters from a Planet Near Mars." And now that I think about it...I don't really even know how "Velvet Elvis" goes. I just queued it up, and once the intro started, I realized, yeah, I do know this song but I can't sing along with it.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Unheard/Rarely Played Albums

Post by Big Spoon »

I've said this before, but I have an odd ability to remember song lyrics. My memory sucks in every other regard, but for some reason I can just hear any song two to four times, and memorize all the lyrics without even trying. That being said however, there are some exceptions. I do find that "Such A Groovy Guy" is one of those songs that I always find myself iffy on. I know the rest of the self-titled album pretty well, but that one track I've never really gotten down that much. The album I find I'm the most iffy on however, is Alapalooza. I couldn't tell you the track order off the top of my head (I know Jurassic Park, Young Dumb And Ugly, then Bedrock Anthem, but I get iffy after that without looking), and several of the songs I've never been able to get the lyrics down. Even though I find Even Worse is one of the albums I don't play quite as much as the others, I know it pretty well, except for Velvet Elvis. Mr. Popeil is also on the list of songs I've never really memorized, the same with When I Was Your Age and That Boy Could Dance.

(Also, I don't know how much this counts, but I don't really know I Need A Nap all that well, either.)
And Peggy
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Alapalooza was my first release date purchase, and I listened to it a million times back then. In the last 2 years I have maybe listened to it a dozen times start to finish. Between that and the first album I know them the least. I still know all the lyrics, but I couldn't tell you what song was next, it's always a surprise
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I know every studio album extremely well from front to back and still listen to them all on a weekly type basis during touring season. Keeps me in the mood. Alapalooza was also the first album I bought right when it was released but lyrically since I like tracks 1-6 and 8,9 the most, I sometimes skip Talk Soup and Waffle King even though they are great I do not usually sing along to the entire song. Very few other tracks in the official catalogue I don't know by heart. To name very few, maybe, Inactive, Taco Grande I may mess up a tiny bit and for lack of actually trying the list of things in the Hardware Store gets flubbed after the first fifteen or so items. The rare non-album tracks I barely listen to and I've only even heard a handful of times.
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

For me, some of the originals on the self-titled debut album still blend together.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

There are definitely some songs I don't know especially well. I would put "Such a Groovy Guy" in that category, and I think a good chunk of Alapalooza would fall in there as well. I'm a little fuzzy on "Good Enough for Now" too. I find myself listening to some albums a lot more frequently than others.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

The originals from the early albums don't get a lot of airplay, but I am still familiar with them.