What "Classic" song would you like to see Al parody?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: What "Classic" song would you like to see Al parody?

Post by TMBJon »

Definitely not.
I think that a lot of early medley songs were never meant to be any longer than what we've heard.
What else could there be to "Take The L Out of Liver"?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

Well since finding out "Cable TV" is a style parody of "Hercules", & hearing "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Zoo" a couple years ago, I'd like Al to tackle Sir Elton in a full-on released (non style parody) parody! Something timeless like: "Goodbye Yellow Fridge Mold", or "Saturday Night's Alright For Frying", or even "Don't Go Breaking My Fart" which would be a "goldmine"! ;) But in all honesty, I think Al could come up with something to fit an Elton hit eventually *fingers crossed* that's also timely.

Something that always made me laugh is the idea of a song about misheard lyrics called "Tony Danza" which would parody "Tiny Dancer". The chances are slim to none but I like the idea. Also what could be better than my two favorite musicians in a single musical composition?
Concerts Attended: 1
September 19th, 2011 - Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

Some people say I'm the one who got Al to be in an Epic Rap Battles of History.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

AccordionChick wrote:Well since finding out "Cable TV" is a style parody of "Hercules", & hearing "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Zoo" a couple years ago, I'd like Al to tackle Sir Elton in a full-on released (non style parody) parody! Something timeless like: "Goodbye Yellow Fridge Mold", or "Saturday Night's Alright For Frying", or even "Don't Go Breaking My Fart" which would be a "goldmine"! ;) But in all honesty, I think Al could come up with something to fit an Elton hit eventually *fingers crossed* that's also timely.

Something that always made me laugh is the idea of a song about misheard lyrics called "Tony Danza" which would parody "Tiny Dancer". The chances are slim to none but I like the idea. Also what could be better than my two favorite musicians in a single musical composition?
I like the idea about Al doing a song about misheard lyrics.
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

While all of these would be cool (and I'm assuming "classic" tends to mean around 1964-1981, like from The British Invasion to Lennon's death/anything before MTV) I'd actually most love for Al to go back and do parodies of '80s and '90s songs he perhaps missed the first time around, either due to bad timing (i.e. coming out right AFTER one of his albums, then already being too dated for the next one) or not having an idea for it at the time. Especially since there was so much good (and bad, lol) music, he couldn't obviously get to it all.

I'm shocked he never did a hair metal parody in the late 80s. Somebody mentioned Springsteen, and I'm also surprised he never did anything by Hall & Oates, Paula Abdul, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Tom Petty and tons of others. In fact, I used to be kinda freaked out by Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More" music video as a kid (the Alice in Wonderland themed one) and thought it would be hilarious to see what visual and song parody Al could've come up with. Tom has stayed relatively timeless and well loved, so he could pull that off.
Al-oholic since 1991!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

An ELO parody is what we need.
Jeff Lynne may have not played the accordion, so what about an ELO polka.
#LetsImpressJeff
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Don't have any artists to add that people haven't mentioned here, but I'd like to point out that if the bi-decennial Star Wars tradition continues, we'll get a classic song parody about the sequel trilogy in 2019.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

drewdy9999 wrote:Don't have any artists to add that people haven't mentioned here, but I'd like to point out that if the bi-decennial Star Wars tradition continues, we'll get a classic song parody about the sequel trilogy in 2019.
Score!

(Maybe my proudest nerd post in WOWAY history. I can retire now.)