New Songs Before the Tour???

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Will Al release new music before the start of the 2015 Tour?

ZERO - No new music before the tour.
50%
ONE - A parody
33%
ONE - An original
4%
TWO - A parody and an original
No votes
TWO - Two parodies
4%
TWO - Two originals
No votes
THREE - A collection of new songs
4%
FOUR OR MORE - Hey, we can dream right?
4%

Total votes: 24

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: New Songs Before the Tour???

Post by Wizzerkat »

Al is such a planner I am not sure he would do it after getting everything in place for the tour. However, a song that goes mega viral in time for him to get a parody done, rehearsed, and promoted before the tour is a possibility. But I think the timing would have to be right for that to happen.
Is my dude a dweeb?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

We also know that the band can adapt rather quickly to whatever needs to be done. If Al gets an idea they will get it done.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Wizzercat is correct in that if Al were to do this it would only be if the right song target presented itself. I don't think Al would "force" a parody of just any song d'jour just to help kick off the tour. That said, I do think it would help energize fans for the tour if the stars aligned to where there was a ripe parody target released just prior that Al could sink his teeth into.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yeah, certainly it would only happen if Al had the right idea, as is always the case. But there always seems to be a "first big hit" of the year before the songs of summer come out. Last year was Happy and the year before was Thrift Shop, to give you an idea of what I mean. If that kind of huge ubiquitous hit happens in the next few months, I bet Al would give it some consideration.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

I think Al did a parody of Let It Go that was denied so maybe he will sing it on tour?
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

offbeatbryce wrote:I think Al did a parody of Let It Go that was denied so maybe he will sing it on tour?
No, he said that he had the idea of a Star Trek song, "Make it So", but then saw how many people had already done it and how Disney had asked them to take it down, so he didn't want to take the risk. Still a chance for the medley...I guess...
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Muppetboy09 wrote:No, he said that he had the idea of a Star Trek song, "Make it So", but then saw how many people had already done it and how Disney had asked them to take it down, so he didn't want to take the risk. Still a chance for the medley...I guess...
Al also said he didn't have another idea for Let It Go that he liked as much as Make It So. Maybe if he DID have any alternate ideas for that one, he could surprise us and do the one he hated the least as part of the medley?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm not sure I can see that happening. For one, it would be just a tad late to debut a "Let It Go" parody now. I feel like the popularity ship has sailed on that song. I just don't see Al sitting down now and writing a "Let It Go" parody, even just for concert-only purposes. If we get a new parody during the tour, I think it will be one that Al releases, and it will be a song that is popular now or will be popular in the coming weeks.