Al songs that took years to appreciate

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

memphiselle1

Re: Al songs that took years to appreciate

Post by memphiselle1 »

Call me crazy, but I listened to Good Enough For Now for the first time in years recently and now it's one of my faves. Love the fiddle on that track.
"Not too stupid… just stupid enough."
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Good Enough For Now is definitely one that took me years to appreciate and now I do. The fiddle is nice, last time I had Polka Party! on a couple days ago I had no urge to skip it for the first time ever. Still the weakest track on the album, but I love that album so for me that's saying a lot. Wouldn't mind if they pulled this out in one of the stool portions. Could happen..
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

While I've always loved Why Does This Always Happen To Me?, the third verse took me a while to appreciate. I used to always find it the least funny of the three for whatever reason (I seem to remember it being because Al caused it himself? Which I get is 100% the joke there) but even just thinking of it just now got a chuckle from me.
And Peggy
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

There were several originals I didn't appreciate until this tour.

Like I said a few pages ago, You Make Me was one that I never cared for at all, and in 2010, When I could only see him once, and it was either YMM or one of my absolute favs, Franks 2000" TV, For the first few moments of YMM I was so upset and annoyed, but then, seeing it live somehow made it seem like a completely different song. It was fun and a great way to start the show. Now it's still not one of my favorites, but I don't dislike it anymore.

That experience made me think, going into this tour, if there were any others that I didn't care for, but might be really awesome to see live. Really quickly, Young Dumb and Ugly came to mind. I knew that would most likely be amazing live (And I was right.) YD&U though, I never hated, but never listened to outside of listening to Alapalooza through. But before the tour even started, I had a new appreciation for it.

Airline Amy is another that, I never disliked, but never listened to a lot. But listening to it getting ready for the tour, I really did fall in love with it. Probably helps that in the last 3 years I've went to Germany twice. 9 hour flights the flight attendants do almost become like a friend XD To me at least. XD so I could relate.