WEIRD AL IS CAREFULLY WEIGHING HIS OPTIONS!!!

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: WEIRD AL IS CAREFULLY WEIGHING HIS OPTIONS!!!

Post by minnick27 »

Do you need them to be? I see the other compilations but these two are pointless to have
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Apparently, the dude who said Al was retiring is insisting on the fact that Al said he was retiring, even though the transcript he offers says no such thing

http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusi ... view-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The comments on the article are priceless
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

The guy just completely ignored what Al actually said, which was that he didn't know whether he would be doing any more traditional releases. It boggles my mind that he included that quote and then insisted that Al said that the next album would be his last. Don't let the facts get in the way or anything....
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

That article is hilarious. If he's going to call someone out, he better actually know what he's talking about.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I like that they say, HEY!!! We have you caught, because we have your exact words...and his exact words are not at all like the point they are trying to sell. Hope there is a blog post about this!!! Haha. By the way, the only think that is gonna spark controversy is THIS article, Mr. Moser :angry:
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

So, I guess now both TMZ and Leigh Valley Music/Morning Call are the only two websites where the commenters are the least sloppy journalists in the room?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Killingsworth wrote:So, I guess now both TMZ and Leigh Valley Music/Morning Call are the only two websites where the commenters are the least sloppy journalists in the room?
I wouldn't say they're the only two, as evidenced by proofreading any given article at EW.com (the editors certainly haven't).

I'm still a fan of physical media, so I hope Al continues releasing his music on CD, but this article makes me want it even more now, so that Al can shove it in John Moser's face.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Al pretty much confirmed on Doug Loves Movies that he's moving on from his contract.
And Peggy
NDBois
Occasional

Post by NDBois »

So with this being Al's last conventional album, how do you think he'll proceed with creating the polkas? Personally, I hope that from now on, he does a sort of "year in review" polka, kind of like how DJ Earworm does a mashup of all the hits at the end of the year. It would certainly bring more attention to the polkas if they were an annual thing...what do you think?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I would love him to do that. There are a lot of end of the year things like that, such as the annual YouTube mash-up video. I really hope Al does something like that.

BTW, why do we have this topic AND "The Future of Al Releases." They're the same topic. :blink: