WEIRD AL IS CAREFULLY WEIGHING HIS OPTIONS!!!

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: The Final ALbum

Post by Killingsworth »

anthontherun wrote:Four parodies a year? That's, like, the 1980s. We get five every 4-5 years now. Quadrupling his output seems unlikely.
For some reason, I thought if Al was going to release only one parody at a time as a single he would release them more often. That does seem a little silly now that I think about it. I think two a year seems a little more reasonable for Al's high standards of quality.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

And Peggy
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Thanks for posting! Al hasn't blogged in quite a while (and is the last person I would expect to end one with "xo") and I had a feeling he would in regards to this "last album" talk.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
just2good
Occasional

Post by just2good »

That was a really clever pun, y'know, because Al is a horse.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Funny, on Sunday I was going to ask him to set the record straight if I got to talk to him.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: WEIRD AL IS CAREFULLY WEIGHING HIS OPTIONS!!!

Post by anthontherun »

I dunno what Al's talking about; I think this is a perfectly good headline.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Very catchy and dramatic.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Is it really fair to call Al a horse? I mean, it's not as exciting a headline as "Straight from the human being's mouth", but.....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

I could easily see Al expanding into different media. He has been a master of this throughout his career. There were only a few proto-videos in the universe when he recorded My Bologna and he took great advantage of music video as a medium in the early 1980s to propel his career. (This would be my biggest argument for the RNR HOF inducting him.). He phased out vinyl beginning with OTDE, although as people are rediscovering its advantages he again has released material on vinyl. He took HUGE advantage of the emergence of the world wide web in the late 1990s and the success of the Scissors tour reflected that. He has used YouTube and direct releases of music (You're Pitiful) effectively and made good use of social media.

He doesn't have to rely on major labels as much as he would have even 7 or 8 years ago. Also, since 2000, he seems to have discovered the joys of Having A Life.

Cheers, Diva
Who has also learned how to have a life while still being an avid Yankhead
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Al's Blog wrote:The new album? It’s coming along extremely well. I’m about half done with it, and I’m really excited with the tracks so far. So if I’m dismembered in a freak accident next week, at least they’ll be able to release a nice EP. (Can’t wait to see what kind of headlines they’ll make out of THAT!)
I think it's time Al called on J. Walter Weatherman to teach the media a lesson...

"AND THAT'S WHY...YOU DON'T TEASE WEIRD AL'S RETIREMENT IN YOUR HEADLINES"