What does it mean?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

if I remember correctly Dave did have the same explanation

Sarah
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Or is it basically what Monkeybags said?
How did you know that used to be my name? (Truth be told, I lost the "K" in 'nam.)

LOL, actually I think I just midread it. Haha.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Scotti....can you explain it to me?

Or is it basically what Monkeybags said?

Yeah. The clothes would sound good in the dryer cuz she wouldn't be wearing them anymore...

And don't feel bad. I didn't get it either til Dave was kind enough to explain it to me. :blush:
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

when I first heard the song, I thought it was just silly nonsense, but I started to see it.....the truth behind the lyrics....

Sarah

and the great stuff....the kiddies won't get it....unless they ride a bus to school
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

That makes more than one of us who had to have Dave explain it.

(I used to have a dress that had large heavy metal re-enforcements down the sleeves. That's all I kept thinking of with that song. And it did make a lot of noise in the dryer. That is...in MY dryer)

Sometimes methinks Dave knows far more than he lets on ;)

sg
mickens
Occasional

Post by mickens »

I still think it relates to hideously elaborate clothes with useless trinkets all over them. Otherwise, wouldn't the lyrics be something like, "I bet your outfit sounds really good in my dryer"? Since Al merely says "a lot of noise" and in "the dryer" instead of "good noise" in "my dryer" it makes no sense for the other explanation.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

well in the is easier to sing than in my....try it......ok....maybe that's not it...maybe it's just silly fun that Al knew we would dissect and make no sense at all out of...

Sarah
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

What realy confussed me was the sound that is made right after Al says the line. It sounds like someone is scratching a windbreaker or jogging suit.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I still think it relates to hideously elaborate clothes with useless trinkets all over them. Otherwise, wouldn't the lyrics be something like, "I bet your outfit sounds really good in my dryer"? Since Al merely says "a lot of noise" and in "the dryer" instead of "good noise" in "my dryer" it makes no sense for the other explanation.

Don't forget, Mr. Not Enough Ooooos In Smooth, is anything but. This is the guy who immortalized Yugoslavian Hands.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

People have said the outfit is so loud and sticks out and erm, (I'll stop cuz there are females here) that it makes noise. I said the no clothes thing though.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.