Beck vs. Prince

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

I cant see any Beck similarity in there actually. Maybe I should listento a little more Beck. (or maybe im crazy) But for now, I voted for just Prince.
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

I cant see any Beck similarity in there actually. Maybe I should listento a little more Beck. (or maybe im crazy) But for now, I voted for just Prince.

I'm sure there's another Beck song that it's closer to, but not being a huge Beck fan, to me it's has elements of his song, "Sexx Laws".
mickens
Occasional

Post by mickens »

It does have elements from "Sexx Laws", and every other song on Beck's "Midnite Vultures" album. But, the one that would probably remind someone of Al the most is "Peaches and Cream", which is where Al got the "Girl, you must be Jamaican..." part.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

The Beck theory is a little stronger than the Prince theory when you consider that Al used DJ Swamp, who has scratched on a few Beck tracks.
JohnFudz
Occasional

None Of Them

Post by JohnFudz »

The Winner or should I say The band/singer that comes close is Linkin Park Remember In The End was Spelt Diffently but Prince and Beck I think 2nd would be Prince even though I haven't heard the song I think in my book It will be a winner

From Weird Jon Fudervic AKA John Fudz
BathTub
Occasional

Post by BathTub »

not going to argue with the man himself especially when I agree.