I Remember Larry

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

What is the "point" of any song?

It's just a funny tune with a great surprise twist ending.

Musically, its not my favorite though...

Once I got in trouble in 5th grade for singing the song "I Remember Matt" to our class in which I replaced the name Larry with Matt to be about the class bully... good times...

-jon
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

M3, in this thread
If you DO wanna listen to it, a LOW quality WAV is availible here:
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/KagayakiW ... acklow.wav
I don't know if I get in trouble for that, it's not a full song, but if it's not suppose to be posted, let me know.
I don't know if the link still works, but it's kinda cool if you can get to it.

Thanks Scotti!!!
Smells Like a Username
Occasional

Post by Smells Like a Username »

Ok, I'm not going to quote everybody, but I see a lot of you like the song. And I understand that there really isn't a "point" of any song, but I just thought that this wasn't the strongest song on the album, and compared to the other songs it wasn't the best. Not lyric-wise, of course. I guess I forgot to mention that at the beginning. :D I think the lyrics are pretty funny, it's just the actual song that I felt could have been better. And I couldn't really tell if it sounded like anybody, or if it was style parody at all.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

it's just the actual song that I felt could have been better. And I couldn't really tell if it sounded like anybody, or if it was style parody at all.

Oh. Well that's a different discussion... :P

I'm listening to it now. It is a pretty rockin' song. Nice accordion touches. Bermuda rocks (as usual.) And the flute? Is it a flute or a keyboard thing? Steve or Rubén? It's not one of my all time faves, but I do like it.

And yeah, I can believe that it could be a Monkees style parody.
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

I just listened again & paid particular attention to the end. It could definitely be considered "physcho jello," which is what the Monkees called the ending for "Pleasant Valley Sunday."

Here's my vote :listen: :listen: :listen:
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Cid, there is a link to a file if you just scroll up a bit. It's a wav file, I think.
I couldn't get it to open.
cid
Okay , I got it to open but I still can't understand what he is saying

Cid
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

[quote="kidcid]Okay , I got it to open but I still can't understand what he is saying

Cid[/quote]

Thanks I get it now...I guess he's right, I do.

Cid
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

One of my former bosses was named LArry. He had recently retired from the armed forces after nearly thirty ears and decided he was bored so he would torture me for a few years. I finally got up the nerve to play that song for him one day at work. He never could look at me without laughing after that...

Harold

!!!sdnah ruoy no emit eerf fo tol a evah tsum ouy , woW
KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

I just listened again & paid particular attention to the end. It could definitely be considered "physcho jello," which is what the Monkees called the ending for "Pleasant Valley Sunday."

Do I get a cookie? Or is the "I Remember Larry" style parody still a mystery?
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

Do I get a cookie? Or is the "I Remember Larry" style parody still a mystery?

Here's your cookie! That's definitely "psycho jello" at the end of both songs :satisfied:

*makes sure she keeps a cookie for herself*