Pop Culture References

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

while we're waiting for Scotti to finish her Annotated Guide to Couch Potato.

Done!! Again. AND I saved it this time. :biggrin:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Done!! Again. AND I saved it this time. :biggrin:

Let me get my fidgety bits of orthography out of the way first... would you please go back and change "Anna Nichole" to "Anna Nicole" and "cuisenart" to "Cuisinart?" Thank you. :)

Now on to the important part:

Congratulations! An amazing job of research! Seva will be able to teach a Weird Al seminar for his friends after this.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

would you please go back and change "Anna Nichole" to "Anna Nicole" and "cuisenart" to "Cuisinart?" Thank you.
For you? Anything... I hope it's right now. Cuz I don't know if I ever want to look at that thing again!

Now on to the important part:
Congratulations! An amazing job of research! Seva will be able to teach a Weird Al seminar for his friends after this.

Thanks. Actually, except the part of having to do it twice, I actually enjoyed it. For some reason, I find this song fascinating. I guess because it's current enough that I can compare it both to the original and to the cultural snapshot that it is.

I would love to get my hands on Al's notebook. And wouldn't you like to know which verses of ACS and WBUL were deemed unfit for consumption? :eh:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I would love to get my hands on Al's notebook. And wouldn't you like to know which verses of ACS and WBUL were deemed unfit for consumption?

Yeah, I would... but WERE there any verses of WBUL left on the cutting-room floor? Although admittedly the potential supply of bad pickup lines is only limited by the number of maladroit males in the world... you do the math. :P
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I suspect there were some bad lines he didn't use. But probably because they really weren't funny.

BUT if there were some verses in ACS and WBUL, I wouldn't be surprised to hear him trot them out for live performances.