I actually hope people get mad at me for this comment

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hope You Enjoy It
Occasional

Post by Hope You Enjoy It »

I love Dog Eat Dog and Good Enough For Now off of the PP! album. Crack me up every time.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

[quote]Personally, I think Polka Party! and Bad Hair Day are among his best.

I don't know if I'd go that far for both albums, but it is interesting that you brought that up.

As all five of my Al site's regular visitors may remember, in 1999 I had this page up urging fans to help get "Polka Party!" a Gold Record. In case anyone didn't know, it hasn't happened yet.

Anyway, towards the end I was playing with the idea of a tongue-in-cheek table showing the similarities between "Polka Party!" and "Bad Hair Day." After all, BHD has been Al's best-selling album, so why wouldn't everyone who bought that album also buy "Polka Party!"?

I already had some of it written up (both have Christmas songs, both have lead-off parodies based on movie songs performed by African-American artists, both have songs about teeth, etc.) and already made up the little icons for the two albums, but alas by that time it seemed to be a tad futile to finish.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

I personally think my least favorite Al album, even thoguh I don't own it is the UHF soundtrack.
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

Well then get it, it's great!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

QUOTE I personally think my least favorite Al album, even thoguh I don't own it is the UHF soundtrack.

Have you heard the entire album? Or else it's not really fair to judge it until you've heard the entire album.

-CindyBob
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

That's true. It was the last album I bought (before Poodle Hat!) and I wound up liking it a lot. "Twine Ball" really is great.
kaffy©
Obsessed
Location: In Between Corn and a Major City, others call it NW Indiana

Post by kaffy© »

Ooo!! I LOVE PP!! hehe (that sounded bad) Anyhow, Favorite prolly RWS, then I also like BHD. Worst.. there's a bad one?? LOL First album I bought was Even Worse, but I had 45's before that one. Singles.

I dunno, i can listen to all of them. I can't chose a bad one. Your gonna have your bad songs, but an entire album? Naw.. ;-)

kaffy© :lookround: