Seva Is On The Loose!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Well, folks. Hardly to imagine, but it seems that a Russian Al fan is going to follow his mentor's footsteps here!!! :D

About a month ago, they said that the main TV Russian channel is going to make a parody night show entitled "Crazy Friday". I've been performing some comedy here for several years and also created a musical parody rock group, and they called me if I could come to do a casting. I agreed, went to the studio, did a couple of impersonations and sang some of our parody songs. They said "Fine" and I completely forgot about the event. Lord knows my suprise when they called me from Moscow and invited me to an appointment with producers!!! :whoot:
So, I went to Moscow. Frankly, I was scared, since I never been on TV before, especially at the main state channel offices. The building was huge, and I was looking like a true Al fan, with an accordion behind my back and a wild stare, gazing at everything. I went to the producers' office; in fact, one of the producers was a comedy musician and performer of whom I've been a longtime fan of, but was too afraid to tell him whatever.
They were very tired. The program must be on the air near the mid-December, and the script is still very raw and unprepared. They asked me if I could perform some song. I unpacked my accordion and sang our quite funny song about mother-in law from our parody repertoire. If you want see the picture of an Apocalypse, then imagine a Russian Al fan singing and playing the accordion in the producers' office in the building of the main state channel. :lol:
I can't say they liked it too much, but said that musical parodies are needed, and same with impersonations. They shoot me on the camera talking and singing, thanked, and I went back, laughing at myself and feeling really cool. And ta-da!! - today they called me and said that they are gathering all the actors who are in the show and I'm on the list!!! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

So, I'm definitely not asking to cross your fingers, since this is nearly Al-related, but... I'd be very, very pleased if you do! I won't let you down, my friends!!! :D

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

Seva, that is too cool! You're perfect for it! Congratulations! :yay:
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
M_Robertcop
Addicted

Post by M_Robertcop »

My fingers are crossed. Good Luck! :)
You're gonna take a walk in the rain and you're gonna get wet... I predict.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Wow! That's pretty cool! Let us hope that some clips from the show show-up on youtube eventually. :Y
Silence will fall.
RockerChickLovesAl
Addicted

Post by RockerChickLovesAl »

Congrats, Seva! That's really cool.
Concerts I've attended:

6/9/07
7/17/10
9/23/11
8/18/15
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Good luck, Seva!
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Thank you, folks! :Y

I tried many times to upload a picture of myself rockin' out, but due to uknown matters I couldn't and I don't want to go in the Newbie zone since I'm anything else but the newbie.

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
running with Dutch windmills
Off The Deep End

Post by running with Dutch windmills »

сломайте ногу , Seva , and I hope they can pull it off in time. And let's hope Zenit St Petersburg win the soccer championship this year. They'll get a difficult time because it has been a long time ago that a non Moskva club has won the championship.

PS The trainer/coach is a Dutch Guy.
Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

That's really cool, Seva!
-Melissa

Mrs. Duggar, your vagina is not a clown car. Shut it down.
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

YAY SEVA! :clap: Everyone needs to start somewhere, and we all know you'll be wonderful!

Linda
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!