Weird Al On 'mornings With Kerri Anne' (12/3/07)

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

Well I don't know if many of you know......but I work as a videotape operator at Channel 9 Sydney. As a result I have some exciting information and know for a fact that Al will appear on 'Mornings with Kerri Anne' on Monday morning (12/3/07), which is broadcast from 9's Sydney studios. MWKA screens on Channel 9 from 9am - 11am (AEST)

The exciting thing for me is that means that....... yay yay yay (and now the nerd comes out in me) B) but I am going to be able to meet him and most likely be able to get an autograph and pic or two.

How awesome is that I just go to work one day and Al is (or will be on Monday) there at my place of employment.

:whoot:
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

How awesome is that I just go to work one day and Al is (or will be on Monday) there at my place of employment

Totally awsome, your on the payroll while meeting Al. Does channel 9 need anyone for work expirience Monday? :D

Enjoy
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

hehe Not sure if they need any work experience people, thats usually oraginsed though other avenues not really my domain. Yep i'll be on the payroll while meeting Al. Meeting celebrities are just some of perks of working in the television industry. :Y

This will be my second time meeting him.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Thanks very much for letting us all know... I'll hopefully have this on the net by Monday night and if you're lucky, maybe even a HD version later in the week... :Y Stay tuned.

It's broadcast live, right?
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

Yes, Kerri Anne is broadcast 'live'.

I am able to get people 'offical' copies of this as on air tapes is my dept (hehe what are the odds eh), and I can record a copy of this straight from the studio output from the control room. I'll be then able to dump it onto DVD's.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Leigh @ Mar 9 2007, 10:44 PM wrote: I am able to get people 'offical' copies of this as on air tapes is my dept (hehe what are the odds eh), and I can record a copy of this straight from the studio output from the control room. I'll be then able to dump it onto DVD's.
Sweet. Would that be without a watermark? :F If you're unable to get it onto the internet somehow I'm still very much able to do it from the broadcast version.

Just wondering, hypothetically, would it be possible to get a native HD version and put it on Blu-ray or HD-DVD?
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

I will be recording the interview from the studio output (Studio 2) which will have no watermark. If I was recording an off air copy (which I won't be) it would have a watermark that is put there by Master Control.

I will be recording and duplicating copies onto DVD (from the studio version - with no watermark) for people to keep and have a copy of in their hot little hands. I'm willing to duplicate as many as need be and mail them out.

I don't know anything about uploading videos onto the net. I also don't know anything about Blu Ray or HD DVD, as we don't have the dubbing and recording facilities in the tapes dept for those new formats just yet...so no it couldn't really be dubbed from a native HD source.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I hope you have fun. It's always pretty cool when work collides with fan interest.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Leigh @ Mar 10 2007, 01:12 AM wrote: I will be recording and duplicating copies onto DVD (from the studio version - with no watermark) for people to keep and have a copy of in their hot little hands. I'm willing to duplicate as many as need be and mail them out.
Can I get a copy? Please, please, please. I'll send you a blank DVD if you want
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

hehehe no need for that Emily :rolleyes: I can burn copies onto blank DVD R's at Channel 9.