Al On Triple M's Get This From Midday Today

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Tronno
Occasional

Post by Tronno »

Tony Martin's just announced on his radio show Get This that Al will be joining himself and Ed Kavalee to co-host the show for an entire hour from 12 pm today.. that's just under an hour away from the time of this post for any non-Australians..

Unfortunately... I might not be here to listen to it but I'm gonna try to get a stream recording program to tape it while I'm gone (of course, if anyone else wants to... that'd be good too :) )

Live Stream:

http://www.mrock.com.au/2mmmlivestream.asx
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

Ahhh im listening to it like right now as I type this.....unfortunately I cant tape it as I don't have a blank cassette tape at the moment...bugger!

Cant wait for the gig next week, its gonna go off and be so much fun :D
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

I'm listening to the interview now, but streaming is breaking up. Sounds good so far!
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

Some of the questions from the public are typical but good quirky answers from Al, even though he's answerd these over & over again.

Q "How can I get a box set of your stuff"
A "Well the box set up to 1994 is now out of print so I suggest you get a box, buy
my cds & put them in it" :D
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

Ahhh I was so close to getting in for a question...the girl on the switchboard said they are running out of time.

Great hour interview with Al on Triple M though. :D
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Did anyone record this? It's not looking like it's going to turn up in the Triple M podcast site. Although the Get This site has a nice picture with the hosts and Al - just scroll down and he has his own little headline.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Ha! Nice shirt, Al! He really loves his... oh you know. And doesn't that other guy know that "WEEZER SUCKS"! :P

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

Haha love that shot of Al and the Triple M crew. Tony Martin looks like such a nerd (for those who don't know TM is the one to the right of Al with the glasses), love him hehehe and of course Al looks like well.....Al. Thats just the funniest thing cause Tony Martin has got to be just about the biggest nerd in Australian radio...its the meeting of two nerds cause Al is one too :P

Look how excited they both look. Classic!

Nerds rule!!! :whoot: :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:
Tronno
Occasional

Post by Tronno »

mewrio @ Mar 9 2007, 01:40 PM wrote: Did anyone record this? It's not looking like it's going to turn up in the Triple M podcast site. Although the Get This site has a nice picture with the hosts and Al - just scroll down and he has his own little headline.
I've just updated the podcast feed, a new one's come up with no mention of Al, so I expect in the next few days a special "Al-cast" might be released.
Aussiecouchpotato
Occasional

Post by Aussiecouchpotato »

does any one have a copy of this???