Bring Al Back To Australia

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Okay everyone, I’ve been hiding this for a while, but I figure that with the album imminent, this’d be the ideal time to start.

Last time Al was in Australia it was a huge success. He was well received by the press and many of his concerts sold out. However, the man behind that success was Aldo Lennard, part of Lennard Promotions. (Check your tickets if you still have them – I know mine had that written on it)

Anyway, my plan is simple. We have quite a few Australian members around here, and I’m sure there are some people with Australian relatives around. Heck, anyone could help if they can write a convincing letter. (Pretend you’re moving to Australia or something). I want everyone to write a letter to Lennard Promotions, asking them to bring Al back to Australia for yet another tour. If you participated in the Rock Hall campaign, then this is very similar.

As a guide, in your letter, should you choose to write one, explain Al’s success both generally and in Oz, and any Australian concerts you went to, if you met him, etc. That isn’t so hard, is it?

I don’t want this to sound like it’s just a bunch of fans have written in because they were told to. I want them to think that we as individuals found their address and wrote them a letter personally. So don’t try to affiliate with WOWAY in your letters, please.

And you don’t have to send a letter (although it’s preferable) – if you want to you can just send a postcard or something. Just make it clear that you want Al to come back to Australia.

Here is Lennard Promotions’ address:

Lennard Promotions
Suite 501
34 Queens Rd
Melbourne
VIC 3004
Australia

Thanks go to KnottyEmily for finding the address for me. As far as I am aware, the letter shouldn’t be written to anyone in particular (yeah, it was difficult to find info on this place). “To whom it may concern” will do just fine.

So get friends, co-workers, family members and even complete strangers in on the plan. Thanks for your help.

BTW, can we pin this please? :F
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

i'll see if i can find out if there is anyome in particular we shoud address it to, but 'To whom it may concern' sounds good for now

BRING AL BACK TO OZ!
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

i spoke to my contact at Lennard Promotions the other day, and he said that after he's done with the tours he's working on at the moment, there won't be anything on until around october.....i'm not exactly sure what this means about them possibly bringing Al back to Oz, as we don't know when the tour is going to start, but hopefully they will
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Leigh
Occasional

Post by Leigh »

Yeah with the album imminent I would love to see Al and the band tour Australia again, ahhhh memories of October 2003 are flooding back!

I will definitely be writing a letter to Lennard Promotions (and also a contact I have at the publicity company that did the publicity for the '03 tour) to show my support to bring Al back down under.

BRING ON THE ALBUM AND ANOTHER TOUR!!!!! :peace: (and possibly another backstage pass :F )
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

You were back stage? Cool! Which concert? Any photos?
SnorkelMillipede

Post by SnorkelMillipede »

We want Al!

How much were the tickets last time?
Hello I wrote this myself.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

$70 (or thereabouts)
supafly
Occasional

Post by supafly »

I really hope he tours again, ive been waiting ages since the last tour. I saw Al on tour in Brisbane. I got to meet Al after the show (something i never thought i woud get to do) I also saw Al & his family walking down Queen St Mall in Brisbane, no one seemed to approach him or anything, i noticed him and wanted to approach him but didnt want to be the one who started all the attention, he was with his family after all, im sure he didnt want a lot of people hassling him.

10/10 Concert though.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Any photos? I was at that concert too, and I've been looking for some for ages.
supafly
Occasional

Post by supafly »

I do have a couple of photos, they arent with digital camera, ill find them and scan em on here :)