Al's Coming To New Zealand!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

buff @ Oct 31 2006, 03:54 PM wrote: I'd go to an Al concert again if it weren't one of those lame concerts where everybody's sitting in a chair.
You read my mind :D I hate sitting at concerts :P But then, what is he, comedy or music? The mind boggles.......
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

'comedy music'.....i know the concept might sound weird for some :P

I guess since it's comedy and music mooshed together, then their should be seats, but nobody should sit in them :P
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

Well, I once went to a Chuck Berry concert, and when he came out everyone stood up. Being one of the only kids who likes 50s Rock 'n' Roll, it was mainly adults, and I was a midget so I couldn't see when they stood up, so it was good to have a place to sit down. I'll probably bring a stepladder if I ever see Al live.
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

I always sit when I see Al live. There are shorter people behind me who like him as much as I do. I do dance around in my seat a lot though. It must look pretty strange..... :D
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

Thank you for respecting the midgets.

:)
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

My pleasure! One of my favorite concert memories is a guy about 8 years old one row in front of me who kept turning around in his seat so we could sing all the lyrics together. My husband and his dad were a bit befuddled by this behavior but the kid and I knew we were just enjoying our Al moments to the max by sharing them at the top of our lungs.
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

KnottyEmily @ Oct 31 2006, 10:38 PM wrote: 'comedy music'.....i know the concept might sound weird for some :P

I guess since it's comedy and music mooshed together, then their should be seats, but nobody should sit in them :P
lol! :lol:

Well, there should be seats, but we should get to kick them until they go away.

I just remembered, I was at Milton Keynes to see Green Day (the Bullet In A Bible tour dates!) and this guy moved out of the way to let me see - we were very close to the front. I thought "Oh my God, you're crazy letting me in front!" Of course, I didn't argue :)
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

Well, I can't really give input as to whether or not there should be seats... I'm a little ashamed to admit that I'm 19 and have never been to a proper concert. For anyone. Ever. Which could be my non-Al-related reason (as if I need one :P) for looking forward to the idea of seeing Al in Australia.

That said... I really, REALLY hope Al comes to Perth... I know he was here the last time he was in Australia, but the sad truth is that we West Australians miss out on a lot of really cool stuff that the Eastern States get to see (anyone else here from Perth and knows the sort of thing I mean, raise your hands...) So, yeah. My friend and I reckon Al should come here... after all, as my dad pointed out, we have a Lynwood too. :D

But I know it all depends on what can be arranged.
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
supafly
Occasional

Post by supafly »

I really wish they would let us know when the tour is planning on starting, I heard an interview with Al on Maynard last week and he said that they are planning a tour in March. If the tour is in March when will the Tickets be on sale????? Its not leaving a lot of time between buying Tix and going to the show. Im constantly checking weirdal.com, myspace.com/weirdal, yankovic.org/blog. lol. I have been looking forward to the next concert since i saw him in Brisbane last time. I also keep checking so i can be one of the first to buy tickets so i get as great of seats as i got last time.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Well, accordion to Maynards website the Australian tour starts March 13 Clicky Clicky

So the NZ tour will likely be early March, somewhere between the 1st and 13th, maybe even early Feb. I have no idea where Maynard got those dates from, and I really hope that more dates get added, because so far there's only one show per location [the PH tour had at least two, except in melbourne :angry: ] and some prime locations don't have shows at all.

I can confirm the Melbourne show, it's listed on ticketmaster.com.au :D but none of the others are there :blink:
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath