SOL - Australian Release Date?

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

And then you'd give US the heads up, right?
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Of course, but if she did know anything, I don't know if it would involve stuff happening outside Victoria, but it might, you just don't know
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I just got a reply from my contact, and as of right now all she can tell me is that there will be an Australian release, but she said there wasn't a date set yet
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Like Poodle Hat before it, Straight Outta Lynwood is being released on the Monday following a long weekend - 2nd of October.

http://chaos.com/product/straight_outta ... 11911.html

So really there's a 6 day wait between the releases, hence there is absolutely no need us Aussies need to order from overseas! Freaking yay!
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

And it looks like it's a CD/DVD pack instead of a dualdisc! I hope it still has the same features as the American release has.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I just sent them an email asking if the Australian release will have all of the same features. I can't see why it wouldn't though
Australian_Boy
Occasional

Post by Australian_Boy »

Well, DualDiscs are readily available in Australia, so I don't think it'll be very different.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Kevbo1987 @ Sep 9 2006, 02:43 AM wrote: It's a shame that the International release won't have the 5.1 Mixes or the Instrumental Mixes. That's going to upset some people.

this was in the Chit Chat Topic, and here's some of the blurb from the Mothership

Even though "Straight Outta Lynwood" is being released on Sept. 26 in the U.S., we just found out that because of a mix-up at the label (don't ask) it will not be released in Australia until Sept. 30 and it will not be released in Canada until Oct. 3. Sorry. Also, we're being told that outside of the U.S., it will NOT be a DualDisc, but rather a separate CD and DVD - which unfortunately, for some reason (*sigh*... don't ask) will not include the 5.1 or instrumental mixes.

Now Chaos had the release date as Oct. 2, so I'm not sure what's going on there, but I suggest that everyone cancel their pre-orders and get it from Amazon or something, or get both.
Tronno
Occasional

Post by Tronno »

I've heard 26th.. I've heard 30th.. and I've heard Oct. 2. I'll just have to duck into KMart everyday after then.