The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

Some of us can't fly out of UK/Europe to see Al. Boo hoo (cries)! :sadeyes:
ZoeinDerby

Post by ZoeinDerby »

All of the UKwould be fine by me, plus some small, independent states such as the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Andorra.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I didn't know that the Isle of Man and Guernsey were independent!
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

ZoeinDerby @ Mar 7 2007, 04:56 PM wrote: All of the UKwould be fine by me, plus some small, independent states such as the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Andorra.
Anyone can join in the petitions and help drum up support for Al to tour UK/Europe or anywhere in the world! :peace:

Make your demands here.
http://eventful.com/demand?q=weird+al&l=
Or
http://eventful.com/performers/P0-001-000005692-9

I know this is not easy, but if we also make demands on radio/TV to play Al's music.
And buy Al’s music from ITunes ( which now forms part of chart sales) as well as from music stores. All of this helps because booking agents are always looking for artists/bands that are hot and popular to book for shows!

Thanks!
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

i wanna see al live in london ;( ;( ;( ;(
Fry J. Apocaloso
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/apocaloso27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Videoclip of SHE NEVER TOLD ME SHE WAS A MIME (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnElaNqX9Rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
playfro

Post by playfro »

to apocolipso who sed what aabout italy well they had a whole song for them La Lasanga :oo :oo so dont feel sorry
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Wow I never saw this thread before... Someone's been digging deep!
Wow, To see Al live in England would be something else.

However it's pretty unlikely to happen, judging from the pretty universal shoulder shrugging that breaks out when you ask any band member about this matter. And believe me I have asked EVERYBODY including Al.

I have thought very long and hard about this.

Just remember that in the UK, everything is pretty nearly 4 times the price of the equivalent item/service in the US. That's no small matter if you are planning a tour
Add to this that Al hasn't had a big UK hit since "Eat It" and is virtually an unknown to everyone but kids who watch You-Tube and 40-somethings who remember "Eat It"

I think there just isn't the solid body of fans that would tempt venues/promoters into booking. A Weird Al tour here would be a very daring gamble to take.

So, thats why I decided I would come to the States to see him instead. I wasn't prepared to sit back for years waiting for that long shot that might never happen.

One thing I did discover, in coming over and seeing the USA for myself is that suddenly a lot of the lyrics started to make sense and the humour started to come through. Al's humour is very much based on US culture and life to such an extent that much of it doesn't really make sense to someone like myself, in England. I got the music, sure.. but only a small proportion of the funny stuff.

Being in the USA, suddenly I found everything was an Al reference. I would never have appreciated that fully from the perspective of small town England.

So Al, if you ever do come to England, great!, but you know, it's a lot of fun to come see you in your natural habitat...It all makes more sense that way
:great:
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
GreenEggs&Ham
Die-hard Fan

Post by GreenEggs&Ham »

ludovica64 @ Aug 4 2008, 08:58 PM wrote: Being in the USA, suddenly I found everything was an Al reference. I would never have appreciated that fully from the perspective of small town England.

So Al, if you ever do come to England, great!, but you know, it's a lot of fun to come see you in your natural habitat...It all makes more sense that way
That was spoken very well :D Most of Al's parody references are of the USA and Canada too, but mostly American. Although it would be swell if Al did some Europe dates, it'd be pretty expensive for the band, and let's face it, seeing Al 'in his natural habitat' is a little more amusing and learning some more about America you get a lot more of his references. (Sorry if I sound ignorant or cocky in any way, in fact, even though I'm in America, I think it would be pretty freaking sweet if Al did go to Europe and do some touring there!)

SPOILER And I hate to say it, but, Al and his band members aren't getting any younger...which would make European tour dates a big hassle for them and their families :(
You can call me GEAH (GreenEggs&Ham) or Kat...I'll respond to either one.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Re: Bring Al To England

Post by ludovica64 »

Oh well.. with 2 and allegedly 4 English gigs upcoming and one allegedly in the Netherlands.. this is all getting kind of exciting!!:D
If Al does play in Manchester, I have a place to stay with friend (ex b/f and best friend in the world since 1980) who will go too.
Minehead is a NO. tried to get tickets but they appear to be conditional on renting a holiday chalet for a week and tbh its cheaper to go to Los Angeles. Alleged Birmingham gig also a no for logistical reasons, but Manchester and London are a big yes..It will be so weird going that far north though.. I think my head may literally explode ;)
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Re: Bring Al To England

Post by WHiZZi »

For those who like to know. I'll be at the London show AND at the Amsterdam show ;)