Asian Al Fans, Raise Your Hands!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

The Immoral Bard

Post by The Immoral Bard »

:welcome:
Hi, I'm the Immoral Bard, just hoping that I'm not the only Al fan in Asia.
I'm a teacher at the university level in Taiwan, and I wonder if there are any more of us out there, and if so, where??
Perhaps, one day. . .Al might come to our neck of the hemisphere?

So if you are in Asia, "shout it out loud!"

:whoot:

I can't hear you!

The Immoral Bard
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well... one of our members (Katoot) has been to Japan, does that count?
The Immoral Bard

Hi, I think that if we want to "count" that, we could turn that into a poll instead, and keep this for people who actually reside abroad. But maybe we should furthermore keep track of one more factor: whether they are actually "native born" Asian fans, or expatriates like myself, who comes from America?
Since I am new, I am not hip to the way to do a poll of this kind, but maybe it's a good idea.
If we do count those who only visit other countries, we could devise a poll to find out how well-traveled Al fans are. As for myself, I've been to Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Slovenia in Europe (as well as the Vatican city), Canada and Mexico in the other hemisphere, (plus my native USA), and Japan and Thailand in the East, as well as living now in Taiwan for more than six years. Maybe I'll venture over and start such a poll, or couple of polls. . .
Thanks for your question. Polka on.
Chris O'Brien aka the Immoral Bard
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Well, there's Seva. He's from Russia. He lives in the European part (St. Petersburg), but a big chunk of Asia is Russia.
This means something. This is important.
Zelda27
Occasional

Post by Zelda27 »

We're adopting a baby from China and I'm sure she'll be a Weird Al fan! :Y Does that count?

Jody
That's when I met the girl of my dreams. Her name was Zelda...
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

me and my friend like japan! u know... anime and the culture and stuff!
The Immoral Bard

OK gang, so far there seem to be several categories we can track.
1. Those who are 'true' Asians, born in Asia and living there, like Seva (Hi Seva!)
2. Those who come from North America (etc.) but are living in Asia now, like myself (Hi myself!)
3. Those who were born in Asia but now live elsewhere, like Jody's cute baby(Hi cute baby!)
4. Perhaps, those who have lived in Asia before but no longer do, and are not Asians themselves
5. I don't know if we want to get into ethnic groups of Americans (etc) who are Al fans--possibly....That might be a kind of touchy subject and invade (?) people's privacy--or if only some people tell us, but not others, our results would be skewed.

I don't think that people who only LIKE Asian things are of sufficient interest to me to count--sorry, ccsyaoran; maybe someone else would like to track that.

We might get complicated and do a poll (with radio buttons) to indicate what part of Asia, and then lead them to a specific "topic" to attest to the specific country.

My original intent was just to find "local" fans with whom to interact, but perhaps this is a topic of some interest to the wider Al fanbase, so I'm willing if I have time.

Thanks to all who have replied, or will some day reply, or wish to reply but are prevented by having, for example, their fingers smashed in a door again and again and again and again and again at the moment, and thus cannot type an answer.

K'plah!

The Immoral Bard, Chris
Zelda27
Occasional

Post by Zelda27 »

Actually, our daughter is in China. We hope to pick her up in August. We don't know who she is yet. She's probably born, but that's all we know! I'll keep you posted...

Jody
That's when I met the girl of my dreams. Her name was Zelda...
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

<_< .... ok... SURE!... i WONT BE IN YOUR LITTLE "CLUB"!!..

:P j/k! but... we want to go someday! the culture and stuff... anyway, i didn't realise what u were doing... anyway....

:stern: Topic? (thats scottis famous post!!)
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

The Immoral Bard @ Apr 13 2004, 05:15 AM wrote: OK gang, so far there seem to be several categories we can track. 
1.  Those who are 'true' Asians, born in Asia and living there, like Seva (Hi Seva!)
:oo

Well, I'm flattered, of course, but... see my photo? Could I ever be considered as an Asian man? Nope, methinks. But it's cool to be one anyway!

In fact, El's right - most part of our huuuuge country lies in Asia. I even was there with our school chorus, in Ulan-Ude, on the coast of Lake Baikal. That was great, very beautiful! (Dozens of cockroaches in the hotel room aren't included.)

So... hey, I'm Asian! Well, the weirdest thing ever happened to me. :lol:

Welcome The Immoral Bard!

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".