French Al Fan!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

ShigN

Post by ShigN »

Salut à tous,

J'adore les musiques de Yankovic, son dernier album est excellent, et dc je voulais faire partager ma passion pr ce groupe unique!!
Sans compter leurs clips tout simplement culte!!

Dc voilà, j'èspere qu'un jour il viendrait faire un concert sur Paris où je suis!!!

I hope I will be welcomed in this forum and i can also speak to any american people i have a good english (hu i think)
So i want to know if al will make a concert one day in Europe? and i want also know where his latest clip (couch potato) can be downloaded?

Thanks, merci à tous
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Welcome aboard! You are welcome here.

Al has never toured Europe, but I'm sure he'd love to if it could be arranged. Hey, he made it to Australia finally!

There is no video for Couch Potato or any of the Poodle Hat songs. Except for Bob. There was a "video" done for AL TV. Where can you see it? If you get VH1 they are showing it on Dec. 27 (at least in America, I don't know if the same would be true in Europe.) Or you can buy Al's newest DVD called The Ultimate Video Collection. That can be purchased at weirdal.com or using the amazon.com link at the bottom of every page here. I don't know if it is compatible with your DVD player.
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

You are definatly welcom here. Eminem wouldn't let Al do the video for Couch Potato, so there is no video. If you want to see Al's video's, I would get The Ultimate Video Collection.
ShigN

Post by ShigN »

I'm glad to see that you talk to me!!!
But there is no french fan here??

But I am disapointed to see that Al doesn't release any clip for his new album... <_< It's weird!!
Have you a link to download his clip bob? I haven't VH1!!

Thanks and Merry Chisthmas!! ;)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

We don't do file downloading here.

We did have a french fan here for a while, but I haven't seen him online in months.

But I am disapointed to see that Al doesn't release any clip for his new album

Yeah, we were too. Maybe on the next album.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You can see Al's very first video at the VH1 website....

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/driven/59737/episode.jhtml

You can also see quite a few of Al's older videos at Launch.
http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default. ... ID=1029711

You have to have a Yahoo login and password, and you have to do some digging but they are there. Unfortunately Bob isn't there.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Bonjour! J'espère que vous l'aimez ici.

Est-il difficile de trouver la musique d'Al en France? Certains d'entre nous sont toujours curieux pour connaître quels chansons ou albums sont favorisés dans différents pays. Est-il facile de trouver tous les albums d'Al dans les magasins là-bas, ou devez-vous habituellement commander des importations?

Quant au nouveau DVD, vous pouvez toujours écrire à la division européenne de Zomba et demander qu'ils la libèrent là, mais malheureusement il n'y a aucune garantie qu'ils la feront.

Mais pour maintenant, je recommanderais que vous trouvez le DVD du film d'Al, "UHF."
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

*impressed*

*goes to Babel Fish CD's post*

Hello! I hope that you like it here. Is it difficult to find the Al music in France? Some among us are always curious to know which songs or albums are favoured in various countries. Is it easy to find all the Al albums in the stores over there, or must you usually order imports? As for the new DVD, you can always write with the European division of Zomba and ask that they release it there, but unfortunately there is no guarantee that they will do it. But for now, I would recommend that you find the DVD of Al film, "UHF."

*still impressed*
ShigN

Post by ShigN »

Thanks for the links, but I know all Al's clip... I got them!! And I just want t know if he had released another clip for his new album!! But no, I'm so sad!!! :( Why doesn't he made clip?

pr répondre à Catra, je ne me suis jamais renseigné à savoir s'il mes HyperMédia et Fnac ou Virgin vendaient des albums d'Al!! Mais je ne crois pas, je regarderais mais je fouine souvent et je n'en ai jamais trouvé!! (dire qu'ils n'ont même pas l'album de Tenacious D)
Et dc le DVD n'est pas achetable en Europe (The DVD of all clip of Al is not release in Europe??)
Tu es québecois chèr Catra?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Why doesn't he made clip?

Because Eminem refused to give him permission for Couch Potato. That was the lead single, and from what I gather from what Bermuda has said, it was the only video planned.

The Bob video was thrown together for ALTV. And part of it is used in the live show.