Al on Rove Live

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I wish I had seen this topic sooner. I guess I won't be seeing that interview for a while. *sobs*

Patti

misses Al
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

Al was great on Rove. I taped it. Did rove just have no idea??? He looked like he didnt understand any of his jokes. Im sorry if there are rove fans out there but thats what i thought.

Ps love that shirt he wore - thats my fav
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

Okay, so the server has been a bit of a chump. Sorry it's been a while since I've commented here, but I've had all sorts of personal situations to attend to, so I apologise. The thing is, I'm still quite happy to re-post the video on a more reliable server, IF someone can have one ready for me. I'd do it myself, but at the moment, i've become absolutely fed up with setting up free website after free website, only to find once I've signed up that they don't allow uploads of files over 500kb, or things of the like.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh there, but you have no idea how much time I've wasted on that sort of thing! :sleepy:
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Can't WHiZZi give you limited FTP access to WOWAY so you can upload it yourself?
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

I don't think so. WHiZZi would've mentioned something regarding that when I emailed asking about hosting it.

Is there such a thing as limited FTP access?

There's also the option of me still emailing it to WHiZZi too. That would be the other way around it - to get a free email account that supports large attachments and won't time out over the two or so hours it takes to upload/attach.

Can anyone hook me up with either option? :unsure:
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I have FREE webhosting, and that gives me the ability to set up limited FTP access to anyone. Surely a large, domain-name server like this should have a similar option?

Oh, and the largest attatchments available through free email servers are 10mb, which are available through MyRealBox. But a simpler idea could be to post it to WHiZZi on a CD.

Hmmmmm...

What about the XDrive free 15-day trial offer?
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

Well, I guess it's time for the latest update on my infinite struggle to get a single file onto the internet for people to download!

I've just sent a pm to WHiZZi regarding your suggestions about posting a CD of it and the possibility of limited FTP access, mewrio. Back to the old waiting game.....

:bigups:
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Gee, I'd have thought our Administrator would have given us some kind of sign... :huh:

Anyway, whatever happened to the In Entertainment video? Did you convert that? After all, any Australian clip is a good one. ;)
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

I've not had a lot of luck with getting the In Entertainment clip digitized. The analog-digital converter box I had snuffed it. I'll still strive to get it done somehow in the future though. Until then, you'll just have to hang tight and be pleased in the news that WHiZZi has given the OK to limited ftp access and will contact me soon with details regarding how to go about it!

Good thinking mewrio! :thumbsup:

Everything's beginning to look right again in this crazy old mixed up universe of ours! ;)
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Is it ready?