<SPOILERS!> Australian Ultimate Videos DVD

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

sarley27
Off The Deep End

<SPOILERS!> Australian Ultimate Videos DVD

Post by sarley27 »

This is a report and speculation topic for the Aussie release of The Ultimate Videos. Speculation on the AUS version only, please.

Anybody with advance copies (like I get sometimes)- WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? POST POST POST!
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Uhhhh... what exactly is The Ultimate Videos? :blush: Is it like all of the videos on one tape or what?
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

You guys already in Australia, can you post what stores I should go to to find the new DVD? (I'll be staying in Darling Harbour/Sydney.)

Thanks,

Carole
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

Uhhhh... what exactly is The Ultimate Videos? :blush: Is it like all of the videos on one tape or what?

I'm reproducing the information from ASK AL, if that's okay with the moderators.

SEPTEMBER 2, 2003

Randy of Albuquerque, NM asks: I have been trying to find the DVD called “‘Weird Al’ Yankovic: The Videos” and I understand it is out of print. Will it be available in the future?

The bad news is, yes, that particular item has in fact gone out of print and will most likely remain in that condition for the rest of eternity. The good news is, we’re currently putting the finishing touches on a brand-spanking-new and completely up-to-date DVD called “The Ultimate Collection.” It will have 24 of my music videos, plus a photo gallery, on-screen lyrics and 5.1 surround sound. And we’ve even “cleaned up” some of the older videos a little bit – they look great. Anyway, we’re trying to rush-release this for a September 22 street date in Australia. The North American release will most likely be sometime in November.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I KNEW I should have checked The Mothership before WOWAY when I got home!

Totally awesome duuude. :)
Pookster
Occasional

Hmmm....

Post by Pookster »

You guys already in Australia, can you post what stores I should go to to find the new DVD? (I'll be staying in Darling Harbour/Sydney.)

Thanks,

Carole

I'm not all that sure, as firstly, I live on the Gold Coast, and secondly, I usually import my Weird Al stuff from the US as soon as it is released (an expensive habit), so I don't usually don't go searching through stores here for Weird Al stuff. But I know someone that got their copy of Weird Al Live from Sanity. They have stores all over Australia, and I'm sure there'd be a couple in Sydney, so it might pay to take a look there.

Also Carole, being from the US, you need to keep in mind that the DVD released here will be in PAL format, and will be flagged with the Australian region code. That means that I'm pretty sure you'll need a multi-region DVD player in order to play it.

I think.

Unless you just play it while you're here in Australia.

I think.

Urrrg. :huh:
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Is this going to be a DVD only? Or will it also be VHS?
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Most likely DVD. Unless at the last moment they say so, DVD only.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Re: Hmmm....

Post by Caroleg »

Also Carole, being from the US, you need to keep in mind that the DVD released here will be in PAL format, and will be flagged with the Australian region code. That means that I'm pretty sure you'll need a multi-region DVD player in order to play it.

I figured it might be PAL, but I'd buy it anyway. I just want one for my collection.

It's even hard to find Weird Al DVD's in stores in the US. I usually order online. When I was looking for UHF the video store said they had 3, but they were sold right away and they didn't know when they'd get more.

Carole
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Most likely DVD. Unless at the last moment they say so, DVD only.
BUGGER! Oh well, this gives me an excuse to go buy myself an internal DVD player for my PC! :biggrin: